Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find our working compiler Post 18796 by s_aamir on Wednesday 3rd of April 2002 09:26:21 AM
Old 04-03-2002
Thanks for your help. I got the following messages when export and run configure command.
creating cache ./config.cache
checking LIBRARY_PATH variable... ok
checking GCC_EXEC_PREFIX variable... ok
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for gcc... /home/gcc-3.0.1/gcc
checking whether the C compiler (/home/gcc-3.0.1/gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot crea.

One hint on internet is to used rpm before gcc. I don't know what is rpm. Any help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command not working

Hi, Having issues with the . parameter in the find command. Issuing "find . -name \*.pl" gives me find: cannot open .: No such device I got it working by substituting . with *, so "find * -name \*.pl" gives the correct listing. bin/test.pl "which find" lists /bin/find. Anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabrady
7 Replies

2. Solaris

how to find which c/c++ compiler is used in solaris10

Dear Frnz Could you tell how to determine the c/c++ compiler version installed in the solaris 10/solaris 8. IT could be very helpful if you can tell me the pkg name also. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
2 Replies

3. Programming

compiler can't find pstatus_t even procfs.h inlcuded

Hi, I am trying to get a the process cpu usage from the /proc file recently, on the Solaris 5.10. But met some rookie issue which i need some help. for below program, compiler complains that pstatus_t is undefined, although both type are defined in the procfs.h. #include <sys/procfs.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find | gawk --- NOT WORKING

Hi every1:) I have a problem with find and Pipe to gawk. Find -name '*.txt' -> works fine.. Gives all the txt file under home directory and sub directories But when I use it like this (see below). Find -name '*.txt' | gawk -F '\t' "script" :confused: It doesn't work.... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
22 Replies

5. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

6. AIX

how to find out the compiler version and OS from binary file

Command to get the Compiler version(xlc/gcc) from the binary on AIX platform. I m searching for the Command, to get the Compiler(xlc/gcc) used to build the binary on AIX. I got two commands used on Linux Platform: - readelf -a <lib> | grep comment - hexdump -C -s 0x49e7b -n 1812 <lib> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to find if C compiler in Solaris

Hi experts, How do I find if a C compiler is installed on Solaris ? > cc -o ksh: cc: not found > CC ksh: CC: not found > gcc ksh: gcc: not found I am using Solaris 5.8 Thanks, Sameer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ensameer
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and delete not working

Hi, I have a .ksh script which finds all the directories older than 84 days and tries to housekeep. Below is the command used find * -depth -type d -ctime +84 -exec rm -rf {} \; The above command lists all the directories ie child and parent directory in descending order which are more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annamalai77
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find not working right

if ] then leftarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%p\n" 2>/dev/null)) rightarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%l\n" 2>/dev/null)) for var in "${rightarray}" do maximumarray=`echo "$var" | tr -dc "/" | wc -c | tr -d " "` index=$(($index+1)) done ############# for numbers in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xpukm
3 Replies
HARDENED-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						    HARDENED-CC(1)

NAME
hardened-cc - gcc wrapper to enforce hardening toolchain improvements SYNOPSIS
export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The hardened-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual when DEB_BUILD_HARDENING is set to 1. It will configure the necessary toolchain hardening features. By default, all features are enabled. If a given feature does not work correctly and needs to be disabled, the corresponding environment variables mentioned below can be set to 0. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 Enable hardening features. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_DEBUG=1 Print the full resulting gcc command line to STDERR before calling gcc. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_STACKPROTECTOR=0 Disable stack overflow protection. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_RELRO=0 Disable read-only linker sections. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORTIFY=0 Don't fortify several standard functions. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_PIE=0 Don't build position independent executables. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORMAT=0 Disable unsafe format string usage errors. See README.Debian for details. NOTES
System-wide settings can be added to /etc/hardening-wrapper.conf, one per line. The real gcc symlinks are renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus hardened-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
hardened-ld(1) gcc(1) Debian Project 2008-01-08 HARDENED-CC(1)