Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find our working compiler Post 18793 by dhasarath on Wednesday 3rd of April 2002 09:21:43 AM
Old 04-03-2002
Compiler Version

Try this command

/gcc-3.01./gcc -v

this should give your the below message

Using builtin specs.
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command not working

Hi, Having issues with the . parameter in the find command. Issuing "find . -name \*.pl" gives me find: cannot open .: No such device I got it working by substituting . with *, so "find * -name \*.pl" gives the correct listing. bin/test.pl "which find" lists /bin/find. Anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabrady
7 Replies

2. Solaris

how to find which c/c++ compiler is used in solaris10

Dear Frnz Could you tell how to determine the c/c++ compiler version installed in the solaris 10/solaris 8. IT could be very helpful if you can tell me the pkg name also. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
2 Replies

3. Programming

compiler can't find pstatus_t even procfs.h inlcuded

Hi, I am trying to get a the process cpu usage from the /proc file recently, on the Solaris 5.10. But met some rookie issue which i need some help. for below program, compiler complains that pstatus_t is undefined, although both type are defined in the procfs.h. #include <sys/procfs.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find | gawk --- NOT WORKING

Hi every1:) I have a problem with find and Pipe to gawk. Find -name '*.txt' -> works fine.. Gives all the txt file under home directory and sub directories But when I use it like this (see below). Find -name '*.txt' | gawk -F '\t' "script" :confused: It doesn't work.... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
22 Replies

5. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

6. AIX

how to find out the compiler version and OS from binary file

Command to get the Compiler version(xlc/gcc) from the binary on AIX platform. I m searching for the Command, to get the Compiler(xlc/gcc) used to build the binary on AIX. I got two commands used on Linux Platform: - readelf -a <lib> | grep comment - hexdump -C -s 0x49e7b -n 1812 <lib> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to find if C compiler in Solaris

Hi experts, How do I find if a C compiler is installed on Solaris ? > cc -o ksh: cc: not found > CC ksh: CC: not found > gcc ksh: gcc: not found I am using Solaris 5.8 Thanks, Sameer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ensameer
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and delete not working

Hi, I have a .ksh script which finds all the directories older than 84 days and tries to housekeep. Below is the command used find * -depth -type d -ctime +84 -exec rm -rf {} \; The above command lists all the directories ie child and parent directory in descending order which are more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annamalai77
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find not working right

if ] then leftarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%p\n" 2>/dev/null)) rightarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%l\n" 2>/dev/null)) for var in "${rightarray}" do maximumarray=`echo "$var" | tr -dc "/" | wc -c | tr -d " "` index=$(($index+1)) done ############# for numbers in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xpukm
3 Replies
F77(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  F77(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::F77 - Simple interface to F77 libs DESCRIPTION
This module tries to figure out how to link C programs with Fortran subroutines on your system. Basically one must add a list of Fortran runtime libraries. The problem is their location and name varies with each OS/compiler combination! This module tries to implement a simple 'rule-of-thumb' database for various flavours of UNIX systems. A simple self-documenting Perl database of knowledge/code for figuring out how to link for various combinations of OS and compiler is embedded in the modules Perl code. Please help save the world by sending database entries for your system to karl_pgplot@mac.com Note the default on most systems is now to search for a generic 'GNU' compiler which can be g77, gfortran or g95 and then find the appropriate link libraries automatically. (This is the 'Generic' 'GNU' database entry in the code.) The library list which the module returns can be explicitly overridden by setting the environment variable F77LIBS, e.g. % setenv F77LIBS "-lfoo -lbar" % perl Makefile.PL ... SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::F77; # Automatic guess use ExtUtils::F77 qw(sunos); # Specify system use ExtUtils::F77 qw(linux g77); # Specify system and compiler $fortranlibs = ExtUtils::F77->runtime; METHODS
The following methods are provided: o runtime Returns a list of F77 runtime libraries. $fortranlibs = ExtUtils::F77->runtime; o runtimeok Returns TRUE only if runtime libraries have been found successfully. o trail_ Returns true if F77 names have trailing underscores. o compiler Returns command to execute the compiler (e.g. 'f77'). o cflags Returns compiler flags. o testcompiler Test to see if compiler actually works. More methods will probably be added in the future. AUTHOR
Karl Glazebrook (karlglazebrook@mac.com). perl v5.10.1 2011-01-01 F77(3pm)