Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Obfuscated C
Top Forums Programming Obfuscated C Post 18786 by Perderabo on Wednesday 3rd of April 2002 08:02:32 AM
Old 04-03-2002
Dr. Korn's one liner seems to have been written in the days of K&R C. LivinFree uses HP-UX. HP-UX includes a old K&R C compiler for free as part of the OS. I am sure that he is using this compiler to compile the one liner.

The old C preprocessor seems to set the symbol "unix" to be "1" for some odd reason. And I guess that ansi cleaned up the name space. I never noticed this before and now I wonder what old C compilers did on, say, an old IBM pc. Set unix to 0? Or leave unix undefined and set ms-dos to 1?

In any event, I got the one liner to work with ansi C by adding a line "#define unix 1".

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing obfuscated javascript from js files

ello, I am trying to remove obfuscated code in multiple files on a server, the malicious code is surronded by /*km0ae9gr6m*//*qhk6sa6g1c*/ I had success removing from some files using this command sed -i ':strt;s|/\*km0ae9gr6m\*/*/\*qhk6sa6g1c\*/||g;/\/\*km0ae9gr6m\*\//{N;b strt}'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuantica
5 Replies

2. Web Development

Random - Any help decoding obfuscated code?

I have this following file and I would quite like to get it decoded - any help / advice is appreciated. I would like to know how to decrypt it, however if someone is able to do it for me I would be equally grateful. <?php //Obfuscation provided by FOPO - Free Online PHP Obfuscator v1.2:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
6 Replies

3. Programming

Obfuscated "Hello World!" in Python 2.7.x...

Obfuscated Hello World! in Python 2.7.x This is seriously impressive:- Obfuscating "Hello world!" - Ben Kurtovic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies