Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory How can i get start both sco unix and turbo linux? Post 18716 by sensir163 on Tuesday 2nd of April 2002 10:18:58 AM
Old 04-02-2002
Thanks a lot!

i solved the problem yesterday .It's funny that I saw the system display the message "The system is writing the configureinfo to /etc/lilo.conf "after i use the tool "turbofscofg",through which i do the "Boot Record".Then i know i may see the file /etc/lilo.conf is what.------So,i edited it---And then ,the system is OK!Now i can go into any OS from the Turbo Linux lilo menu,including SCO UNIx,DOS(Win98,winXP),and Turbo Linux itself------Now, no need for the boot disk .
Thank you ,killerserv and comadreja,thank you very much!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCO UNIX to Linux migration

hi all i m working in a company ...and i have to migrate a C application running on SCO-UNIX to Red hat linux. can anybody tell me what is the difference between C commands and shell scripting on SCO-UNIX and LINUX. best regards harsh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickey
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to cheaply build my own Linux/Unix PC, but don't know where to start

I want to cheaply build my own PC that will run the latest versions of Linspire, Fedora Core, FreeBSD and Solaris, but I don't know where to start. This PC doesn't have to be particulary fast. It's video performance need not be top notch, however, sound quality and sound performance must rock!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning Unix/Linux from the Start?

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could learn everything about Unix/Linux and I was also wondering what the differance between Unix and Linux was :confused: Ive never used it, never seen it.. But Im interested in learning :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what should i start-unix or linux

actually m interested in learning unix/linux. should i go for unix or linux and from where will i get the software for these. anyone knowing please help me. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushilgroversp
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix/Linux to start using?

Hi all, New to the forum and in fact Unix. I want/need to start learning Unix and am a bit confused as to which to start using/download... Could someone please kindly point me in the right direction as how to get started, there seem to be so many different versions, etc... that i'm getting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin watson
3 Replies

6. SuSE

Telnet to SCO UNIX from SUSE Linux Workstation

Hi i am new to Linux, i am trying to connect SCO Unix from SUSE LINUX Workstation but i am unable to define the terminal type. i have also downloaded terminal softwares but function keys (f1, f2....) and some other keys are displaying code instead of working the correct function. is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aafflatoon
2 Replies
PARTED(8)							 GNU Parted Manual							 PARTED(8)

NAME
GNU Parted - a partition manipulation program SYNOPSIS
parted [options] [device [command [options...]...]] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the parted command. Complete documentation is distributed with the package in GNU Info format; see below. parted is a disk partitioning and partition resizing program. It allows you to create, destroy, resize, move and copy ext2, ext3, linux- swap, FAT and FAT32 partitions. This is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk usage, and copying data to new hard disks. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a help message. -i, --interactive where necessary, prompts for user intervention. -s, --script never prompts for user intervention. -v, --version displays the version. COMMANDS
[device] The block device to partition. [command [options]] Specifies a command to parted. If no command is given, parted will give you a command prompt. Commands are: check partition does a simple check on partition. cp [source-device] source dest copies the source partition's filesystem on source-device (or the current device if no other device was specified) to the dest partition on the current device. help [command] prints general help, or help on command if specified. mkfs partition fs-type make a filesystem fs-type on partition. fs-type can be one of "FAT", "ext2" or "linux-swap". mklabel label-type Creates a new disklabel (partition table) of label-type. label-type should be one of "bsd", "gpt", "loop", "mac", "mips", "msdos", "pc98" or "sun". mkpart part-type [fs-type] start end make a part-type partition with filesystem fs-type (if specified), beginning at start and ending at end (in megabytes). part-type should be one of "primary", "logical" or "extended" mkpartfs part-type fs-type start end make a part-type partition with filesystem fs-type beginning at start and ending at end (in megabytes) move partition start end move partition to start at start and end at end. Note: move never changes the minor number name partition name set the name of partition to name. This option works only on Mac and PC98 disklabels. The name can be placed in quotes, if necessary print displays the partition table quit exits parted resize partition start end resize the filesystem on partition to start at start and end at end megabytes rm partition deletes partition select device choose device as the current device to edit. device should usually be a Linux hard disk device, but it can be a partition, software raid device or a LVM logical volume if that is necessary set partition flag state change the state of the flag on partition to state. Flags supported are: "boot", "root", "swap", "hidden", "raid", "lvm" and "lba". state should be either "on" or "off" REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-parted@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
fdisk(8), mkfs(8), The parted program is documented fully in the GNU partitioning software manual available via the Info system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Timshel Knoll <timshel@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). parted 18 Mar, 2002 PARTED(8)