Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory D'oh! Apple Pro Keyboard Blues Post 18675 by killerserv on Monday 1st of April 2002 08:07:19 PM
Old 04-01-2002
are you running MAX OS X ? What version ? Have you checked your power cables. Able to open the cover, check any burning spots. Try those similar technics first could be some h/ware fault. Consult with your PC dealer for help. Could get some help.. Post back

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pro's and cons for Linux

Hi there thanks for checking in The I T manager over here wants us to convert 1 branch in our company from Win98 to Linux I would just like to know the types of problems that we will have once this is done. I would also like to know the following. Does Linux come with a Office package... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies
PM-POWERSAVE(8) 					       pm-utils User Manual						   PM-POWERSAVE(8)

NAME
pm-powersave - Put your computer into low power mode SYNOPSIS
pm-powersave [{true | false}] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pm-powersave command. pm-powersave can be used to set your system into low power mode. OPTIONS
true Put the computer into low power mode to reduce energy consumption and extend your laptop's battery life. false Turn off low power mode. FILES
/etc/pm/power.d/, /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/ When you run pm-powersave it combines the scripts in these two directories and executes them in sorted order. If both directories contain a script with the same name, the one in /etc/pm/power.d/ has a higher precedence and only this one will be executed. Therefore to disable a script from /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/ simply create an empty file in /etc/pm/power.d/ with the same name and without the executable bit set. SEE ALSO
pm-suspend(8), pm-hibernate(8) AUTHOR
Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Michael Biebl This manual page was originally written for the Debian(TM) system, and has been adopted by the pm-utils project. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. pm-powersave Mar 5, 2007 PM-POWERSAVE(8)