Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find our working compiler Post 18634 by dhasarath on Monday 1st of April 2002 08:54:03 AM
Old 04-01-2002
MySQL

Try usinging the command cc-v this will give your the details of the compiler.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command not working

Hi, Having issues with the . parameter in the find command. Issuing "find . -name \*.pl" gives me find: cannot open .: No such device I got it working by substituting . with *, so "find * -name \*.pl" gives the correct listing. bin/test.pl "which find" lists /bin/find. Anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabrady
7 Replies

2. Solaris

how to find which c/c++ compiler is used in solaris10

Dear Frnz Could you tell how to determine the c/c++ compiler version installed in the solaris 10/solaris 8. IT could be very helpful if you can tell me the pkg name also. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
2 Replies

3. Programming

compiler can't find pstatus_t even procfs.h inlcuded

Hi, I am trying to get a the process cpu usage from the /proc file recently, on the Solaris 5.10. But met some rookie issue which i need some help. for below program, compiler complains that pstatus_t is undefined, although both type are defined in the procfs.h. #include <sys/procfs.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find | gawk --- NOT WORKING

Hi every1:) I have a problem with find and Pipe to gawk. Find -name '*.txt' -> works fine.. Gives all the txt file under home directory and sub directories But when I use it like this (see below). Find -name '*.txt' | gawk -F '\t' "script" :confused: It doesn't work.... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
22 Replies

5. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

6. AIX

how to find out the compiler version and OS from binary file

Command to get the Compiler version(xlc/gcc) from the binary on AIX platform. I m searching for the Command, to get the Compiler(xlc/gcc) used to build the binary on AIX. I got two commands used on Linux Platform: - readelf -a <lib> | grep comment - hexdump -C -s 0x49e7b -n 1812 <lib> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to find if C compiler in Solaris

Hi experts, How do I find if a C compiler is installed on Solaris ? > cc -o ksh: cc: not found > CC ksh: CC: not found > gcc ksh: gcc: not found I am using Solaris 5.8 Thanks, Sameer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ensameer
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and delete not working

Hi, I have a .ksh script which finds all the directories older than 84 days and tries to housekeep. Below is the command used find * -depth -type d -ctime +84 -exec rm -rf {} \; The above command lists all the directories ie child and parent directory in descending order which are more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annamalai77
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find not working right

if ] then leftarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%p\n" 2>/dev/null)) rightarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%l\n" 2>/dev/null)) for var in "${rightarray}" do maximumarray=`echo "$var" | tr -dc "/" | wc -c | tr -d " "` index=$(($index+1)) done ############# for numbers in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xpukm
3 Replies
sb2-init(1)							 sb2-init man page						       sb2-init(1)

NAME
sb2-init - initialize a target for scratchbox2 SYNOPSIS
sb2-init [OPTION]... [TARGETNAME] [COMPILER[:SPECS]] [SECONDARY_COMPILER...] DESCRIPTION
sb2-init initializes a target for scratchbox2. If no options or other parameters are given, already initialized targets are listed. A scratchbox2 target is simply a light-weight, symbolic name for a configuration set. A target does not contain anything that is active, like running processes; hence a user never "works inside a target". Instead, sessions are used for all active operations. Sessions are created by the sb2 command. sb2-init is expected to be run in the directory you want to use as the target root filesystem. TARGETNAME is the name of the target to initialize. If it refers to an existing target, then the target is re-initialized. Otherwise a new one is created. COMPILER is full path to a cross-compiler (gcc), of the form $HOME/arm-2006q3/bin/arm-linux-gcc. An optional SPECS parameter is path to the compiler specs file. If more than one compiler is specified, additional compilers are available by version number (e.g. if the primary is known as "gcc" and "gcc-4.1", the secondary may be "gcc-3.4", etc) Note that the compiler is usually used during the target creation process to determine CPU architecture of the target system. OPTIONS
-c "command" specify cpu transparency command, for example: "qemu-arm", "sbrsh" or "qemu-arm -R 256M". CPU transparency method is the program which is used to execute foreign binaries, that the host computer can not execute directly. -p "command" specify cpu transparency command for staticly linked native binaries. -r [hostname] generate sbrsh config using remote device address -l [hostname] NFS server/localhost address seen by remote device -d set target as default scratchbox2 target (default target can also be set later with the sb2-config command) -m [mapping_mode] use mapping_mode as default. Default for this is "simple" -h Print help. -n don't build libtool for the target -N don't generate localization files for the target -s skip checks for target root's /usr/include etc. -t [tools_dir] set directory containing the build tools distribution -C "options" add extra options for the compiler, for example: -C "-fgnu89-inline" -A arch manually override target architecture -M arch manually override machine name (see uname(2)). This defaults to the target architecture (see option -A) -v display version EXAMPLES
mkdir $HOME/buildroot cd $HOME/buildroot [fetch a rootfs from somewhere and extract it here] sb2-init -c qemu-arm TARGET /path/to/cross-compiler/bin/arm-linux-gcc FILES
$HOME/.scratchbox2/* SEE ALSO
sb2(1), sb2-config(1), qemu(1) BUGS
No known bugs at this time. AUTHORS
Lauri T. Aarnio 2.2 17 December 2010 sb2-init(1)