Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nmap results
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers nmap results Post 18569 by J.P on Saturday 30th of March 2002 03:10:46 PM
Old 03-30-2002
you just portscanned yourself and that showed which ports are opened (in your case filtered)...
irc-serv is simply an irc-server Smilie

since I've never used napster (yes!) I can't really say what that napster port is used for

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Nmap

I am pretty new at running nmap ,and i have some doubt about some o/ps the nmap shows I tried to scan my own system for UDP open ports I see that if i use one UDP port say 13 It shows that its in open state , etc But if i scan for the whole UDP ports in the nmap-services . I gives te... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nmap PHP FE

Hi everyone! I've temporarily come out of hibernation (and will be gone for about two weeks after this post too) to ask for input on a small PHP script I have just completed. The script aims to be a remote front-end for Nmap - now for the safety of this post, I ask that any replies refrain from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
6 Replies

3. AIX

nmap on aix 5.2

I'm trying to compile nmap 4.11 on an aix 5.2 machine and get the following error when attempting the 'make' command; make "Makefile", line 1: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double colon operator. "Makefile", line 14: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double colon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Nmap error

I 'm getting following error when i run nmap for an ip .. what could be the reason for it ? #nmap 10.22.67.18 Starting Nmap 4.68 ( Nmap - Free Security Scanner For Network Exploration & Security Audits. ) at 2009-07-06 19:07 UTC Warning: Unable to open interface e1000g3301000 -- skipping it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

5. Linux

nmap binaries for linux

Hi , I am exploring the nmap utility for Linux. I know that, nmap binaries are specific to the platforms e.g. nmap binaries will be diferent for Windows , AIX , Solaris and Linux platforms. Can anyone tell me , will the nmap binaries be different for different flavours of Linux such as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatin56
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Help with NMAP

I'm seeing a persistent address showing up on my firewall router logs. The address is 10.98.115.9:67, and is broadcasting to 255.255.255.255. I know that this would typically signal a BOOTP service, such as a bootp server announcing itself on the network. But I can't isolate which machine it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renoir611
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Why Nmap UDP need Root?

I was just wondering, why does Nmap need root when doing an -sU UDP Scan? Please and Thank You. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amreason
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to scan IP range using nmap?

Scripting language : Bash Shell Script 1. problem statement I have to create function in which read IP addresses one by one from one file (iplist.txt) and scan these IP using nmap. This scan IP's output is saved in output.txt file and parse output.txt to save only open ports with particular IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
3 Replies
JIRC(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  JIRC(1p)

NAME
jirc - Bridges an IRC channel to a Jabber conference room. SYNOPSIS
jirc [OPTIONS] --config CONFIG -C, --config CONFIG Load config file as specified by CONFIG -V, --version Report version of script -h, --help Show detailed documentation. OPTIONS
-C CONFIG, --config CONFIG Specify the configuration file to load. Required. -V, --version Report the version of this script. -h,--help Show detailed documentation. DESCRIPTION
The jirc bot logs into an IRC channel and a Jabber conference room. It will relay conversations between the two rooms, identifying each of the speakers in braces ([]). Actions are forwarded as well. There are some in-room commands that jirc responds to: !help Display summary of available jirc commands. !who Display a list of people online on the other end of the bridge. !shutdown Immediately quit the rooms and shutdown. CONFIGURATION
The file specified with the --config option contains field/value pairs, one per line: field: value For example: mode: production The required configuration fields are: mode Can be either "production" or "test". When running in "test" mode, the nicks and channel names all have "-test" appended to them so that jirc behavior can be tested in separate channel. irc-nick The IRC nickname to sign in with. Since this is a bridge, a short nick is recommended. To avoid confusion, it should match the jabber-alias. irc-username The IDENT username to sign in with. Since this is a bridge, a short name is recommended. To avoid confusion, it should match the irc-nick. irc-ircname The IRC Username to sign in with. Since this is a bridge, a description of the bridge and a contact email address is recommended. irc-chan The IRC channel to join; the IRC side of the bridge. irc-server The IRC server to join. jabber-protocol The Jabber protocol to use, either "XMPP" or "Legacy". jabber-id The Jabber identifier, in the form: NAME@SERVER/RESOURCE jabber-server-ip Not all Jabber servers run on the same IP as the A record for their domain indicates. If your server runs like this, set the correct IP or hostname here. Note that jirc doesn't currently pay attention to SRV records. jabber-password The password for the Jabber ID. jabber-plaintext Set to "1" to allow the password to be sent over the wire in plaintext or not - you'll need this for some servers that don't support DIGEST-MD5 with legacy authentication. (Default: 0) jabber-reconnect-delay How long to wait in seconds between disconnects before attempting a reconnect. (Default: 0) jabber-port The port to use for Jabber connections. This is normally 5222. jabber-conference The name of the Jabber conference room to join, in the form ROOM@SERVER jabber-alias The Jabber alias to use when joining the Jabber conference room. Since this is a bridge, a short nick is recommend. To avoid confusion, it should match the irc-nick. jabber-admin The email address of this bot's owner. prefix The prefix used for the built-in in-room commands. This is normally "!". quiet-status Suppress bridging of status messages (joins, parts and presence changes). Normally 0. irc-port The port to use for IRC connections. This is normally 6667. irc-reconnect How many seconds to wait until reconnecting after a missed IRC "TIME" response. This is normally 60. irc-time-delay How many seconds between "TIME" requests. This is normally 30. irc-debug When set to 1, this enables verbose debugging of the IRC side of communications. This is normally 0. jabber-debug When set to 1, this enables verbose debugging of the Jabber side of communications. This is normally 0. debug When set to 1, this enable verbose debugging of the general operation of the jirc bridge. This is normally 0. AUTHOR
Kees Cook <kees@outflux.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2009 by Kees Cook <kees@outflux.net>. This program is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-26 JIRC(1p)