Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Permissions in Mac OS X
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Permissions in Mac OS X Post 18567 by chenly on Saturday 30th of March 2002 01:06:41 PM
Old 03-30-2002
Data more...

Did you try editing a copy of the file, and then replacing the original with the edited version? If so, I'm out of suggestions except for booting up from OS 9 and editing the file with SimpleText.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain file permissions when saving .sh file from internet [OS X]

Hello. I have written a bash script that I am sharing with an OS X community I am a member of. The purpose of the script is to execute a series of commands for members without them having to get involved with Terminal, as it can be daunting for those with no experience of it at all. I have renamed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baza210
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permissions of a file created by another user

Hi, I have used expdp for datapump. The .dmp file is created by the "oracle" user. my requirement is to make a zipped file of this .dmp file. What i am trying to do is change the permissions of this .dmp file from 0640 to 0644 and then do a gzip and zip it. Is there any way i can change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mac. PHP fopen() does not create a file. Permissions.

5Thank you to those who responded. After a crazy amount of troubleshooting and getting hints and feedback from others, I was so darn determined to get on with my tutorials and I found the solution myself. Keyword search: php and 'Mac computer' and fopen and chmod. Using:php and Mac and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iHaveAQuestion
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Mac. PHP. fopen( ) does not create a file. Permissions.

Thank you to those who responded. After a crazy amount of troubleshooting and getting hints and feedback from others, I was so darn determined to get on with my tutorials and I found the solution myself. Keyword search: php and 'Mac computer' and fopen and chmod. Using: php and Mac and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iHaveAQuestion
2 Replies
apacheconf(1)						       Apache configuration						     apacheconf(1)

NAME
apacheconf - Apache configuration utility SYNTAX
apacheconf DESCRIPTION
This is a new graphical tool to configure the common web server Apache in an easy and simple way. It supports the basic configuration options and even allows to set up multiple virtual hosts. OPTIONS
None FILES
/usr/bin/apacheconf /usr/share/apacheconf/* /etc/alchemist/switchboard/apache.switchboard.adl /etc/alchemist/namespace/apache/local.adl /etc/alchemist/namespace/apache/rpm.adl /var/cache/alchemist/apache/* EXAMPLES
To run this program simply type: apacheconf SEE ALSO
httpd(8) BUGS
Not all possible checks for correct values are done yet. The current /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file is NOT parsed, so changing the configuration with apacheconf will overwrite any manual changes to the httpd.conf file or the changes done with apacheconf are discarded. In case of overwriting the manually editied file a backup file will be generated. AUTHORS
Jonathan Blandford <jrb@redhat.com> Philipp Knirsch <pknirsch@redhat.com> Philipp Knirsch 0.63 apacheconf(1)