Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help from lint experts needed Post 18516 by amatsaka on Friday 29th of March 2002 07:42:45 AM
Old 03-29-2002
Question help for lint

What if the code has several modules? Do you use the command:
lint moduleA.c, lint moduleB.c...... ?
Is there any utility something like a "makefile" that checks the code consistency through the modules?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Purpose of lint in UNIX

Can Any One let me know abut the use on "lint" in UNIX...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar_saurabh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module installation problems... experts advice needed,...

---------- This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) ----------in win 2000 advanced server,.. i am somewhat comfortable with perl but i am new to perl modules.. when i tried to install xml::simple and xml::parser there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
4 Replies

3. Programming

lint comments

Hi can anyone help me regarding the meaning of the following lint messages. what is the use of having such lint comments in the c program. /*lint -esym(534,cputs,fgets,cprintf) */ /*lint -efile(766,pragmas.h) */ Thanks a lot in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

lint and CFLAGS

I often find myself running lint in the following fashion: lint -Idir-1 ... -Idir-n some-src.c where a number of -Idirs should be coming from the make file. Here is example: $ cd dir1 $ grep ^CF makefile CFLAGS = -g -I ../ver1/include $ lint -I ../ver1/include sr1.c ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
0 Replies

5. AIX

[AIX] usages of lint for .cpp file?

Hi , I Want to apply AIX lint to my source code which all are *.cpp/*.h >lint test.cpp lint: 1286-332 File test.cpp must have a .c, .C or .ln extension. It is ignored. lint: 1286-334 There are no files to process. I am getting above error. -Ashok (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

for experts

Hi i'm working with mpi programs every thing ok but i need after i compile the mpi to calc the area of the rectangle for example (not my program) accept two arguments from the command line: mpirun -n 4 myprog 24 100 here 24 and 100 two arguments i'll pass them to the program how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scotch
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lint in unix

Hi All, Can any one help me in how to run "lint command " on .c files to list all functions with wrong return value in hp unix. Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lint Command in unix

the thread is deleted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Experts!! please help me

Hi experts, Please help me on the below: how to write a shell script to search and delete files on windows server. -script runs on unix box -it should search for specific files on windows server and delete them periodically. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chpradeepch
1 Replies

10. Programming

Problem with running lint

This is a strange problem that I can't figure out - I run lint on my C programs to weed out unused variables. The output can be quite large, so I use sed to cut out just unused variables section. The typical command looks like this: lint -I /usr/local/include -I./include -m hn.c As my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies
lint(1B)                                             SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                             lint(1B)

NAME
lint - C program verifier SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lint [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/lint is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C program verifier. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint to the C program verifier. /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. /usr/ucb/lint is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/lint.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/lint accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lint/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 lint(1B)