Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory How can i get start both sco unix and turbo linux? Post 18488 by sensir163 on Thursday 28th of March 2002 09:18:54 PM
Old 03-28-2002
How can i get start both sco unix and turbo linux?

I think and believe that i could start both the two OS from HardDisk until i installed Turbo Linux after the SCO unix .
If I do anything ,Ican only start Turbo,but if i run "fdisk /mbr",the SCO unix can normally start,but the Turbo Linux could not start with unless you insert the bootdisket,which is not a good thing.
this comes the question:How can i get a good result ------no need for the Turbo bootdisket?
thank you in advance!
my OICQ is 46767111,thanks a lot!

sensir163@163.com

Last edited by sensir163; 03-28-2002 at 10:24 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCO UNIX to Linux migration

hi all i m working in a company ...and i have to migrate a C application running on SCO-UNIX to Red hat linux. can anybody tell me what is the difference between C commands and shell scripting on SCO-UNIX and LINUX. best regards harsh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickey
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to cheaply build my own Linux/Unix PC, but don't know where to start

I want to cheaply build my own PC that will run the latest versions of Linspire, Fedora Core, FreeBSD and Solaris, but I don't know where to start. This PC doesn't have to be particulary fast. It's video performance need not be top notch, however, sound quality and sound performance must rock!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning Unix/Linux from the Start?

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could learn everything about Unix/Linux and I was also wondering what the differance between Unix and Linux was :confused: Ive never used it, never seen it.. But Im interested in learning :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what should i start-unix or linux

actually m interested in learning unix/linux. should i go for unix or linux and from where will i get the software for these. anyone knowing please help me. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushilgroversp
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix/Linux to start using?

Hi all, New to the forum and in fact Unix. I want/need to start learning Unix and am a bit confused as to which to start using/download... Could someone please kindly point me in the right direction as how to get started, there seem to be so many different versions, etc... that i'm getting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin watson
3 Replies

6. SuSE

Telnet to SCO UNIX from SUSE Linux Workstation

Hi i am new to Linux, i am trying to connect SCO Unix from SUSE LINUX Workstation but i am unable to define the terminal type. i have also downloaded terminal softwares but function keys (f1, f2....) and some other keys are displaying code instead of working the correct function. is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aafflatoon
2 Replies
YAZ-MARCDUMP(1) 						     Commands							   YAZ-MARCDUMP(1)

NAME
yaz-marcdump - MARC record dump utility SYNOPSIS
yaz-marcdump [-i format] [-o format] [-f from] [-t to] [-l spec] [-c cfile] [-s prefix] [-C size] [-n] [-p] [-v] [-V] [file...] DESCRIPTION
yaz-marcdump reads MARC records from one or more files. It parses each record and supports output in line-format, ISO2709, MARCXML, MarcXchange as well as Hex output. This utility parses records ISO2709(raw MARC) as well as XML if that is structured as MARCXML/MarcXchange. Note As of YAZ 2.1.18, OAI-MARC is no longer supported. OAI-MARC is deprecated. Use MARCXML instead. By default, each record is written to standard output in a line format with newline for each field, $x for each subfield x. The output format may be changed with option -o, yaz-marcdump can also be requested to perform character set conversion of each record. OPTIONS
-i format Specifies input format. Must be one of marcxml, marc (ISO2709), marcxchange (ISO25577), line (line mode MARC), or turbomarc (Turbo MARC). -o format Specifies output format. Must be one of marcxml, marc (ISO2709), marcxchange (ISO25577), line (line mode MARC), or turbomarc (Turbo MARC). -f from Specify the character set from of the input MARC record. Should be used in conjunction with option -t. Refer to the yaz-iconv man page for supported character sets. -t to Specify the character set of of the output. Should be used in conjunction with option -f. Refer to the yaz-iconv man page for supported character sets. -l leaderspec Specify a simple modification string for MARC leader. The leaderspec is a list of pos=value pairs, where pos is an integer offset (0 - 23) for leader. Value is either a quoted string or an integer (character value in decimal). Pairs are comma separated. For example, to set leader at offset 9 to a, use 9='a'. -s prefix Writes a chunk of records to a separate file with prefix given, i.e. splits a record batch into files with only at most "chunk" ISO2709 record per file. By default chunk is 1 (one record per file). See option -C. -C chunksize Specifies chunk size; to be used conjunction with option -s. -p Makes yaz-marcdump prints record number and input file offset of each record read. -n MARC output is omitted so that MARC input is only checkecd. -v Writes more information about the parsing process. Useful if you have ill-formatted ISO2709 records as input. -V Prints YAZ version. EXAMPLES
The following command converts MARC21/USMARC in MARC-8 encoding to MARC21/USMARC in UTF-8 encoding. Leader offset 9 is set to 'a'. Both input and output records are ISO2709 encoded. yaz-marcdump -f MARC-8 -t UTF-8 -o marc -l 9=97 marc21.raw >marc21.utf8.raw The same records may be converted to MARCXML instead in UTF-8: yaz-marcdump -f MARC-8 -t UTF-8 -o marcxml marc21.raw >marcxml.xml Turbo MARC is a compact XML notation with same semantics as MARCXML, but which allows for faster processing via XSLT. In order to generate Turbo MARC records encoded in UTF-8 from MARC21 (ISO), one could use: yaz-marcdump -f MARC8 -t UTF8 -o turbomarc -i marc marc21.raw >out.xml FILES
prefix/bin/yaz-marcdump prefix/include/yaz/marcdisp.h SEE ALSO
yaz(7) yaz-iconv(1) MARCXML[1]. ISO25577[2]. NOTES
1. MARCXML http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/ 2. ISO25577 http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso25577/ YAZ 4.2.30 04/16/2012 YAZ-MARCDUMP(1)