Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: verify ftp status is "good"
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting verify ftp status is "good" Post 18440 by thehoghunter on Thursday 28th of March 2002 11:02:14 AM
Old 03-28-2002
I'm betting that because you are putting all the information into a variable, that it is all one line - since you are counting how many LINES have the successful transfer, it's only 1 everytime (although there are two occurances in the one line).

The other problem is if you ftp to a site that has a huge banner before you ever do a login, all of that is saved into your variable. Possible that you would overload it and your script would bomb out and you would never know why.
thehoghunter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good unix "for lamers/beginners" book?

Im pretty new to unix, as you can probably tell. Anyway I want to get a book on unix and howto use it. I would like to get a book that goes from the very basics to the advanced things that unix can be used for, does anyone have any suggestions?? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
16 Replies

2. Solaris

"Error for Command: verify"

I have a raid 5 configuration in a A3500 rack, manager by raid manager. This morning I found this messages in a /vad/adm/messages": Sep 10 04:33:57 zion scsi: WARNING: /sbus@3,0/SUNW,socal@2,0/sf@1,0/ssd@w200200a0b80735d3,4 (ssd11): Sep 10 04:33:57 zion Error for Command: verify ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is creating an RCS archive in /etc a "good thing"??

Hi guys, Why is creating an RCS archive in /etc a "good thing"?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lemon_06
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Solaris

"Solaris" - A very good example of a very bad subject title

Any body known this command uadmin 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify the variable has "space" or not?

How to check if a variable contains space in it??? or any other character??? using if condition.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
LPBANNER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LPBANNER(1)

NAME
lpbanner, pclbanner, psbanner - printer banners in text, PCL and PostScript SYNOPSIS
lpbanner [ -llength ] [ -wwidth ] [ -Pprinter ] [ -Lbannername ] [ -nloginname ] [ -hhost ] [ -Jjobtitle ] [ -Cclass ] [ -?option args ] [ all ] DESCRIPTION
The lpbanner program is used to print a simple banner on a fixed size font printer, the pclbanner program generates a PCL banner and the psbanner program generates a PostScript banner. All information to be printed is passed using command line arguements. In order to be compatible with vintage line printer spoolers, reads a line form standard input, but ignores the information. OPTIONS
-w width Page width in characters (default 132). -l length Page length in lines (default 60). -P printer printer queue for banner information. -L bannername Name used on banner as main name. -n loginname Name used on banner as login name. -h host Name used on banner as host name. -J jobtitle String used on banner as main title. -C class String used on banner as class. -? value All other options and arguments provided by LPRng are ignored. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: zero (0) Successful completion. non-zero (!=0) An error occurred. SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), checkpc(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.conf(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng mailing list is lprng@lprng.com; subscribe by sending mail to lprng-request@lprng.com with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available from ftp://ftp.lprng.com/pub/LPRng. AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. LPRng LPRng-3.9.0 LPBANNER(1)