Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 7 segement LCD unix clock
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 7 segement LCD unix clock Post 184 by PxT on Monday 6th of November 2000 12:32:19 AM
Old 11-06-2000
Not sure <I>why</I> you would want to do this, but anyway...

You could probably get clever with Ansi escape codes to move
the cursor around for you:

echo "\033[<STRONG>R</STRONG>;<STRONG>C</STRONG>H"

Puts the cursor at row <STRONG>R</STRONG> and column <STRONG>C</STRONG>

See <A HREF="http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Bash-Prompt-HOWTO-6.html">http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Bash-Prompt-HOWTO-6.html</A> for some more examples.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sincronization clock unix with windows server..

hi all... how i can sincronization clock solaris server with windows server....both servers i connected in the same network... thank you.... Best Regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
4 Replies

2. SCO

LCD, only 22 lines?

I have a client running SCO openserver 5.0.4, character based The old 17" tube monitor died, and I replaced with an LCD monitor. I can only see 22 lines of text on-screen at a time. The LCD's have setup adjustment for scrolling up and down, but not to zoom in and out to make it fit. I swapped... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waywardfool
3 Replies

3. AIX

LCD codes on a P570

Anyone out there know what the LCD code 0569 means. I have a list of codes but 569 is not on it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock in Unix using awk

Hey everyone! Can someone help me, i need to make a program using awk, that displays the current time (hh/mm/ss), i would really apreciate it! Thanks! Alex. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_omul
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Real time of a clock for every 60 seconds in unix

hi can any one guide me on how to display real time of a clock in unix for every 60 seconds (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnadh_babu
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Webin cannot lcd

Hi all, I am using a ubuntu 9.4 server as ftps server. We have scripts that transfer files to our customers and it is scheduled by a cron job via webmin 1.510. Here is a sample of my script psftp user@hostname lcd /FolderA/Outgoing cd FolderREm mput * When I run a cron job manually the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marko75
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The UNIX clock/timer interrupt

The book The Design of the Unix Operating System speaks of a clock or timer that is used in scheduling. The clock generates interrupts that update priority information for processes and preempt processes in a round-robin fashion. It's apparent that this "clock" is not the same thing as the CPU... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies
move(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    move(3XCURSES)

NAME
move, wmove - move cursor in window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int move(int y, int x); int wmove(WINDOW *win, int y, int x); PARAMETERS
y Is the y (row) coordinate of the position of the cursor in the window. x Is the x (column) coordinate of the position of the cursor in the window. win Is a pointer to the window in which the cursor is to be written. DESCRIPTION
The move() function moves the logical cursor (for stdscr) to the position specified by y (row) and x (column), where the upper left corner of the window is row 0, column 0. The wmove() function performs the same action, but moves the cursor in the window specified by win. The physical cursor will not move until after a call to refresh(3XCURSES) or doupdate(3XCURSES). RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
doupdate(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 move(3XCURSES)