Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Uh oh! system32/hal.dll is missing or corrupt. Post 18397 by paulSF on Thursday 28th of March 2002 12:42:17 AM
Old 03-28-2002
Well this is what I've done so far. I deleted the 3 partitions that contained linux and I used that space to install win2k. So now I'm dual booting between win2k and win2k. But now I'm able to access everything once again. But I still don't have linux on my machine. I guess I have to delete the new win2k partition and try installing linux again. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do differently. I guess maybe follow killerserv's advice although I'm a bit confused on what to do. We'll see what happens.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Dll

Hello all is there any concept of DLL in UNIX if so mention the name of the library linking dynamically Bye Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 - SUNWcsr cluster missing/corrupt ?

Hi all I'm currently trying to install OpenSSH on a number of servers and for the most part succeeding. Unfortunately one of the Sun V880 servers is complaining when I try to install the /dev/random (entropy) patch (112438-01) needed for the SSH keys. Error below.... (ignore 'the patch has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brett
3 Replies

3. Linux

Fake System32 Folder

I read somewhere that you can create a fake system32 folder in linux where you can store the most common windows runtime libraries, that way you can install windows programs (using wine) directly in linux, what I meen is that even the installer works. Does anyone know how I can do this, and where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

dll layer

Hi all , How can I achieve getting the IP address of a local machine, by sending packet over dll layer with its mac address, and how should the frame be consturcted without providing the IP address of the destination machine. Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: netsavy
0 Replies

5. Programming

Compiling with Dll in HP Ux

Hi all, I had trouble compiling my application with a custom dll, the error appear to be some undefined reference to the functions i had created in my dll. Is there a need to update any environmental variable such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH as in linux system. Please advise. One more thing is do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
2 Replies

6. Linux

Hal deamon..

I have install centos on my server,.. then after rebooting 2 ,3 times , hal deamon cannot start, and system hang on boot.. when i google, i found the solution which is off the hal daemon service... my question is, what is the effect if i off the deamon service ?:confused: tq (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultramen7
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding DLL's

hello Forum members, what is internal mechanism of DLL's in Unix kernal.what is the major advantage over static libraries. Thanks & Regards Siva Ranganath (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
2 Replies
FINDFS(8)						       System Administration							 FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)