Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Money script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Money script Post 18351 by Perderabo on Wednesday 27th of March 2002 08:28:12 AM
Old 03-27-2002
Well I would use sed...
Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh
typeset -Z11 raw
raw=$1
format=$(echo $raw | sed 's/\(...\)\(...\)\(...\)\(..\)/\1,\2,\3.\4/')
format=${format##+([0,])}
[[ $format = .* ]] && format=0${format}
echo $format
exit 0

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Money/Currency (U.S.)

I have looked everywhere. Does bash have a money/currency format for output? Do I have to use awk or printf? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
4 Replies
DUMP_ACCT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      DUMP_ACCT(8)

NAME
dump-acct - print an acct/pacct file in human-readable format SYNOPSIS
dump-acct [-r|--reverse] [-R|--raw] [-n|--num recs] [--byte-swap] [--format] [--ahz freq] [-h|--help] [files] DESCRIPTION
The dump-acct command transforms the output file from the accton format to the human-readable format: one record per line. Each record consists of severald fields which are separated by character "|" (the meaning of concreate field depends on the version of kernel package - with which the accton file was created). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -r, --reverse Print the output in reverse order. -R, --raw The records will be printed without any parsing. -n, --num NUMRECS Display only the first NUMRECS number of records. --byteswap Swap the bytes (relative to your system's native byte order) in --raw output. --format Set output format with --raw option. --ahz FREQ Set the AHZ (platform dependent frequency in Hertz) to FREQ. -h, --help Print a help message and the default location of the process accounting file and exit. SEE ALSO
accton (8), lastcomm (1) Linux accounting system 2009 December 2 DUMP_ACCT(8)