Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: purge xterm
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers purge xterm Post 18286 by noobie_doo on Tuesday 26th of March 2002 03:18:17 PM
Old 03-26-2002
purge xterm

Being new I had my focus in the wrong place and typed in xterm instead of <If you can't guess, good>.

Can I purge xterm so that this word no longer appears using up or down arrows?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for purge

Hi , I want to purge 7 days older data from a list of data sorted on date in a log file... Can anyone provide me with the shell script for the same.. Thanks, Jaz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JP003
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive and purge

Hi, I am writing a shell script for archive data from a table. The design is as follows. Step 1: Execute the select query and extract the data into a text file. Step 2: The primary key for this table is TRACKING_NUM, TRACKING_NUM_SUFFIX, TIMESTAMP_UPDATED. So These three fields will be read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files and archive

Hi Friends, I have an urgent requirement. I have many files huge in size which has occupied almost the entire disk space. The files are not being moved to the archived folder. But at present I need to purge those files, new to shell scripting, not sure how to proceed. Eg. Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

find help with directory purge.

Hi, I have a purge directory called /b02/purge which has backed up directories like this drwxrwxr-x 17 root root 4096 Jan 5 15:33 purge1 drwxrwxr-x 17 root root 4096 Jan 5 16:21 purge.new1 drwxrwxr-x 15 root root 4096 Jan 5 16:21 purge.new2 drwxrwxr-x 17 root root 4096 Jan 12... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

purge logs, keep the 30 lasts

Hi, I have to make a script to purge logs in a directory (this script will run automatically every day) and this script has to keep just the 30 last files. So I want it to count all the files in the directory, find the 30 most recents and delete the others. I just started shell scripting and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jblecrou
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Purge MAil file

Hi, merry christmas. on AIX 6.1, the file /var/spool/mail/user, should/can be purged manually ? Any commande line to purge it ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Purge in oracle9i

From morning we are facing some issues in tablespaces in oracle9i. Tried deleting some huge records... but even thought it is still giving tablespcases in full. Then i tried and googling ... found we need to purge recyclebin of oracle.. but thats not woking in oracle9i... can any one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu for Purge

I have these commands that help me find and delete files over certain days. How can I build a menu to list the files, and then hit y for yes to delete or no? find /logs/212/abinitio/prod/mfs/partitions/part0/mfs_12way_001/mfs_12way/sncrpt/main/ -name "*dat" -mtime +1 -exec ls -ltr {} \; find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apt-get install --purge

Hello, i would like to know what is the use of that command apt-get install --purgeI understand the use of --purge while using with remove parameter, but i don't get it when it's about installing. Enlight me please ! Thx ---------- Post updated 09-03-16 at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Purgator
0 Replies
XSetInputFocus()														  XSetInputFocus()

Name
  XSetInputFocus - set the keyboard focus window.

Synopsis
  XSetInputFocus(display, focus, revert_to, time)
	Display *display;
	Window focus;
	int revert_to;
	Time time;

Arguments
  display  Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

focus    Specifies the ID of the window you want to be the keyboard focus.  Pass the window ID, PointerRoot, or None.

revert_to
	   Specifies  which  window  the  keyboard  focus  reverts to if the focus window becomes not viewable.  Pass one of these constants:
	   RevertToParent, RevertToPointerRoot, or RevertToNone.  Must not be a window ID.

time	   Specifies the time when the focus change should take place.	Pass either a timestamp, expressed in milliseconds, or	the  constant
	   CurrentTime.  Also returns the time of the focus change when CurrentTime is specified.

Description
  XSetInputFocus() changes the keyboard focus and the last-focus-change time.  The function has no effect if time is earlier than the current
  last-focus-change time or later than the current X server time.  Otherwise, the last-focus-change time is set to the specified  time,  with
  CurrentTime replaced by the current X server time.

XSetInputFocus() generates FocusIn and FocusOut events if focus is different from the current focus.

XSetInputFocus() executes as follows, depending on what value you assign to the focus argument:

o  If you assign None, all keyboard events are discarded until you set a new focus window.  In this case, revert_to is ignored.

o  If  you  assign  a  window ID, it becomes the main keyboard's focus window.  If a generated keyboard event would normally be reported to
     this window or one of its inferiors, the event is reported normally; otherwise, the event is reported to the focus window.   The  speci-
     fied  focus window must be viewable at the time of the request (else a BadMatch error).  If the focus window later becomes not viewable,
     the focus window will change to the revert_to argument.

o  If you assign PointerRoot, the focus window is dynamically taken to be the root window of whatever screen the pointer is on at each key-
     board event.  In this case, revert_to is ignored.	This is the default keyboard focus setting.

If the focus window later becomes not viewable, XSetInputFocus() evaluates the revert_to argument to determine the new focus window:

o  If  you  assign  RevertToParent,  the  focus reverts to the parent (or the closest viewable ancestor) automatically with a new revert_to
     argument of RevertToName.

o  If you assign RevertToPointerRoot or RevertToNone, the focus reverts to that value automatically.	FocusIn and FocusOut events are  gen-
     erated when the focus reverts, but the last focus change time is not affected.

Errors
  BadMatch  focus window not viewable when XSetInputFocus() called.

BadValue

BadWindow

See Also
  XQLength(),	XAllowEvents(),   XCheckIfEvent(),   XCheckMaskEvent(),  XCheckTypedEvent(),  XCheckTypedWindowEvent(),  XCheckWindowEvent(),
  XEventsQueued(), XGetInputFocus(), XGetMotionEvents(), XIfEvent(), XMaskEvent(), XNextEvent(),  XPeekEvent(),  XPeekIfEvent(),  XPending(),
  XPutBackEvent(), XSelectInput(), XSendEvent(), XSynchronize(), XWindowEvent().

Xlib - Input Handling														  XSetInputFocus()