Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rolling back time
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rolling back time Post 18190 by chenly on Monday 25th of March 2002 02:50:09 PM
Old 03-25-2002
Computer xntpd

Yes, xntpd is the best way to get the time back in whack.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get 4 Hrs back time and compare with successive time

Hi all, I am working on a script in which i need to get 4 hrs back time from the current time which i got from this perl function : `perl -e 'print localtime(time() - 14400) . "\n"'` now i need to get this in a loop and increment that time by 15 minutes i.e i=900(=15minutes) `perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maanik85
2 Replies

2. AIX

rolling back Technology Level

Hi, is it possible to roll back currently updated Technology level ? what are steps required? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Linux

Rolling Back an Update

I am writing a software product and hope that it will work on a variety of Linux distributions. At the moment, I am trying to create some kind of Linux version of patches/upgrades of installed software. Gathering information on available updates isn't hard, nor is installation of updates, but I... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brandon9000
27 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rolling back SQL transaction

Can some one help me related to .sql file issue. I have a .sqlfile and tried to read the file thru unix. In the .sqlfile I have error rows as well and when error comes I dont want to proceed further and need to roll back all the transactions. sample .sql file below insert into test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
2 Replies
WHACK(1)						      General Commands Manual							  WHACK(1)

NAME
whack - mangle requests to a printer or damage a printer SYNOPSIS
whack [-h | -v] [-i] [-w] ids whack [-j] [-v] [-s] [-w] printers DESCRIPTION
whack mangles line printer requests or damages line printers. When the first form of the command is used, the printed output of the job is mangled as specified by the options. When the second form of the command is used, the printer itself is damaged as specified by the options. OPTIONS
-h Horizontal. Make the output run across the page horizontally, ignoring linefeeds and other form movement characters or embedded commands. -v Vertical. Make the output run vertically in one column (the current column) down the paper, ignoring any form movement characters or embedded commands. -i ISO mode. Select, at random, a different ISO code set to use while printing the rest of the job. -w Write a taunting message on the user's terminal after the jobs have been whacked. If the user is not logged in locally, then mail will be sent instead. -j Jam. Self-explanitory. -v Voltage surge. Send a voltage spike down the transmit lead(s) of the printer. Physical contact with the printer should be avoided while using the -v option. -s Spit. Causes the printer to rapidly eject it's paper load into the output bin. Depending upon the speed of the ejection, a few characters could actually print on each page. FILES
/etc/termcap HISTORY
Written by Eric L. Pederson <eric@bofh.org.uk>. 28 September 1995 WHACK(1)