Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: backup on solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users backup on solaris Post 18087 by thehoghunter on Saturday 23rd of March 2002 05:24:07 AM
Old 03-23-2002
Did you get new software (Solstice) to load? If yes, did you load it?

Or are you just attempting to load enabler codes on software that was already there?
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris backup

i would like to know if i can use solstice backup 5.5 to do my solaris 2.6 backup. I would also like to know what other solstice backup versions there are and the O/S they support. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Bootable solaris cd backup

Hi ppl! Does anyone know of how to make a bootable solaris cd backup :confused: i have mkisofs installed and plan to burn the bootable image on pc with cdwriter on it... thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Backup

Hello, I'am newbie in Solaris. In the HP-UX we use make_recovery to full backup in tape, if system crash I need only put the tape in drive and the system is recovered. In Solaris I'am test ufsdump to backup for a file system. Exist a way to make backup full in Solaris or I need make backup a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markos
1 Replies

4. Solaris

OS Backup for Solaris

Hi, I'm new to Unix world and would like to know the procedure to do back for OS for Solaris 9. Can anyone guide me on this, please. Thank You (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raziayub
3 Replies

5. Solaris

backup on solaris 5.4

Hy everybody, I would like to know how i can do a backup or an equivalent of a ghost image like on Windows but for Solaris 5,4. I know there is the command flar or flarcreate but it doesn't work on Solaris 5,4. If someone have a idea to help me please. Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blacknight29
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 OS backup

i have taken flash image ot my solaris server (Server2) with the following command "flarcreate -S -n server2 /home/server2.flar". can any one tel me how to restore it in the same server when it crashes. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj.chinnu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to BackUp Solaris 5.8 OS ?

Hi All, How do I BackUp SOLARIS 5.8 (SPARC) OS so that I can re-install again on some other Hard Disk Drive in case of emergency ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
13 Replies

8. Solaris

Backup the Solaris OS

Hi gurus I wish to backup the Solaris OS and ftp to another server disk drive monthly but currently lack of knowledge about this. ** The server is production server. Please assists. =) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Whole disk backup in Solaris 11

Hello! I have an Oracle server X5-2 with Solaris 11. Now, this server will get repurposed before I get a system of my own. I am a beginner...but is there a way I can make a backup or an image of my whole disk so when I get my own system I can just restore without having to reinstall software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipsandiscream
1 Replies
load(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   load(8)

Name
       load - down-line load software to a target node

Syntax
       /etc/load [ node ]

Description
       The command loads software to an unattended target node.  The target node is loaded by the host that executes the command.

The  command requires the identification of the service circuit over which the load is performed, the Ethernet hardware address of the tar-
       get node, and the service password needed to gain access to the target.	This information is included in the nodes database entry  for  the
       target  node.   A node entry is defined with the command.  For further information, see The node is the name or address of the target node.
       A node name consists of from one to six alphanumeric characters.  For single networks,  a  node	address  consists  of  a  decimal  integer
       (1-1023).   For	multiple  networks,  a	node  address  consist of two decimal integers (n.n), where the first indicates the network number
       (1-63), and the second indicates the node address (1-1023).

Options
       -p   Uses the specified service and password (next arguments) in accessing the target node.  You can omit a target node's service and pass-
	    word from the nodes database for security reasons, but you must then specify the service and password in the command line by using the
	    option.

Examples
       # /etc/load bangor -p 130fe
       This command causes node to be loaded by the ULTRIX host node executing the command.  The ULTRIX host uses the load files specified in  the
       nodes database entry for node to perform the load.

See Also
       addnode(8), ccr(8), getnode(8), mop_mom(8), remnode(8), trigger(8)
       Guide to Local Area Transport Servers

load(8)