Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to run app in BSD under OS X Post 18070 by chenly on Saturday 23rd of March 2002 12:50:59 AM
Old 03-23-2002
Computer iCab

iCab is a fully OS X-compliant application, including the Aqua interface. Just double-click on its icon and it will run; dragging a the application program to the Dock is the best way to keep it handy. Regarding BSD programs ("commands") not present in OS X: you're exactly right, although you'll find that many GUI programs (NetInfo, for one) provide the same functionality in easier to use configurations. Of course, you can always install the command line tools if you so choose.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run mono app using .sh script

I did a search for this problem but couldn't find any specific answers to my problem. We have a .NET application compiled in SharpDevelop for Mono which we want to execute with a .sh shell script on Ubuntu. When we execute the script nothing happens meaning the application's visual interface... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JacquesB
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

run win app on Linux -performance issue

We develop software for diagnostic tools for cars. we a use a portable PC(x86) runs Win98 to run our applications. Hence the working environment in the company is Windows, specifically we use BASIC to develop the GUI, communication functions, DLL, etc. and run them on the Win98 PC. We suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raedbenz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Mac .sh to run command line app in seperate terminal

Hello, currently we are executing a .sh from terminal. The current .sh looks like this: #!/usr/bin/env bash /Users/user/my.app/Contents/MacOS/my & -- Now, we also need to run a third line in the .sh - It's a command line application that I need to run when I execute the above .sh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run files with an app

hello, I need help in Unix scripting I have a whole list of file name in a Input file. I need to run the command iteratively and output the result into a text file e.g While read < Input file ; do QUERY filenane done > output.txt Appreciate your help Thank you Suhas;) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suhas Kurse
8 Replies

6. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies
ALLTRAY(1)							AllTray Manual Page							ALLTRAY(1)

NAME
AllTray - Dock any program into the system tray. SYNOPSIS
alltray [program] [options] DESCRIPTION
With AllTray you can dock any application with no native tray icon (like Evolution, Thunderbird, Terminals) into the system tray. A high-light feature is that a click on the "close" button will minimize back to system tray. It works well with Gnome, KDE, XFCE 4*, Fluxbox* and WindowMaker*. Xmms is supported in particular. Click-Mode: Only run alltray and click on the window you would like to dock. (Abort with <c>) OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help Show summary of options. -v --version Show version of program. -d --debug Show debug messages. -s --show Do not hide window after start. -i --icon Use a PNG image as an icon. -l --large_icons allow large icons (> 24x24). -st --sticky visible on all workspaces. -stask --skip-taskbar not visible in taskbar. -x --borderless remove border, title, frame (if not supported native). -m --menu Add entry "menu text:command" to popdown menu. -t --title Show title change for <sec> seconds. Probably most useful for xmms. -g --geometry initial position. see man X. -k --key [Modifier:]Key create a keyboard shortcut. Modifier -> "Shift", "Control", "Alt", "AltGr" Key -> "a", "F1", "End" ... or "Keycode" (Number) returned by the program "xev" -nt --notray display no tray icon (useful only with the "--key" option). -nm --nominimize click on window close button: do not minimize back to system tray, close. -conf --configure show KDE configuration dialog. HOMEPAGE
http://alltray.trausch.us AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Carlos C Soto <csoto@sia-solutions.com> for the GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. AllTray (C) 2005, Jochen Baier <email@jochen-baier.de> Version 0.71 2010-02-07 ALLTRAY(1)