Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: login problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers login problem Post 18064 by chenly on Friday 22nd of March 2002 08:13:05 PM
Old 03-22-2002
Computer Carly's X

From all I've heard, HP-UX does funny things from time to time.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Login problem

Hi, I have a sun system. Currently reinstalled the OS. The TP interface is configured as hme0 by default when the OS got installed. I can ping locally. But when I try to login it gives me the belwo error message -- unable to login directly on the console. Please do let me know what could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

login problem

Dear friends, I am using linux redhat nash version 4.2.1.6 os. now i rebooted my system suddenly the following error is coming. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. after that it is asking login : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
0 Replies

3. SCO

Problem when login

When I login on consola as root I have problem. I typed on login: root password:rootpassword then promt login: problem is for other users In sigle user mode I can login as root. Please halp me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: draganmi
1 Replies

4. AIX

problem with login

I have installed AIX 5.2 on an H70. It actually reports a memory fault as in SRN 25c68008. However when the system starts up it reports that there is 1536 Mbyte of memory and the O/S starts. I am connecting through the serial port of an old laptop onto the S1 port of the H70. The setting is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
10 Replies

5. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

6. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

7. Linux

Login problem

Hi, If i changed my password then i can able to enter into linux box. After some time if i tried then i can able to enter into the same box. I have tried lot of times, But it is not resolved yet. Please advice for this . Error msg : fatal: Timeout before authentication for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

login problem

Hi After I update my vga driver ubuntu stop to boot. When I restart my computer appear ubuntu first page and after he go to a black screen without any message. How I can restore of find problem? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nichol
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Login problem

Hi Everybody, I am getting following error when am trying to login to my oracle user. su: warning: cannot change directory to /bin/bash: Not a directory -sh: /bin/bash/.profile: Not a directory -bash-3.1$ Please help me how to avoid this message and how to login with normal user login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies
FORTUNE(6)							 BSD Games Manual							FORTUNE(6)

NAME
fortune -- print a random, hopefully interesting, adage SYNOPSIS
fortune [-aefilosw] [-m pattern] [[N%] file/dir/all] DESCRIPTION
When fortune is run with no arguments it prints out a random epigram. Epigrams are divided into several categories, where each category is subdivided into those which are potentially offensive and those which are not. The options are as follows: -a Choose from all lists of maxims, both offensive and not. (See the -o option for more information on offensive fortunes.) -e Consider all fortune files to be of equal size (see discussion below on multiple files). -f Print out the list of files which would be searched, but don't print a fortune. -l Long dictums only. -m Print out all fortunes which match the regular expression pattern. See regex(3) for a description of patterns. -o Choose only from potentially offensive aphorisms. Please, please, please request a potentially offensive fortune if and only if you believe, deep down in your heart, that you are willing to be offended. (And that if you are, you'll just quit using -o rather than give us grief about it, okay?) ... let us keep in mind the basic governing philosophy of The Brotherhood, as handsomely summarized in these words: we believe in healthy, hearty laughter -- at the expense of the whole human race, if needs be. Needs be. --H. Allen Smith, "Rude Jokes" -s Short apothegms only. -i Ignore case for -m patterns. -w Wait before termination for an amount of time calculated from the number of characters in the message. This is useful if it is exe- cuted as part of the logout procedure to guarantee that the message can be read before the screen is cleared. The user may specify alternate sayings. You can specify a specific file, a directory which contains one or more files, or the special word all which says to use all the standard databases. Any of these may be preceded by a percentage, which is a number N between 0 and 100 inclu- sive, followed by a %. If it is, there will be a N percent probability that an adage will be picked from that file or directory. If the percentages do not sum to 100, and there are specifications without percentages, the remaining percent will apply to those files and/or directories, in which case the probability of selecting from one of them will be based on their relative sizes. As an example, given two databases funny and not-funny, with funny twice as big, saying fortune funny not-funny will get you fortunes out of funny two-thirds of the time. The command fortune 90% funny 10% not-funny will pick out 90% of its fortunes from funny (the ``10% not-funny'' is unnecessary, since 10% is all that's left). The -e option says to consider all files equal; thus fortune -e is equivalent to fortune 50% funny 50% not -funny FILES
/usr/share/fortune SEE ALSO
regex(3), regcmp(3), BSD
April 19, 1994 BSD