Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic Unix Security
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Basic Unix Security Post 18014 by LivinFree on Friday 22nd of March 2002 02:28:42 AM
Old 03-22-2002
And what kind of Unix?
For example, you have to put a lot more (and different) work into securing HP-UX or Solaris than you would with OpenBSD...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix

okay, im having some trouble. Go ahead, call me a retard, but i keep getting stuck. Suppose i want to open a Picture of Jesus(for the sake of simplicity) using unix. I type: open Desktop/Pictures/Jesus.jpg It opens, and its all well and good. But, suppose i want to open a picture called Joe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HipCracka
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix basic help

What command would I use to list the first lines of all text files within my Unix directory or within any directory inside there? I was using "find" , "head" and "-exec" commands like this: find ~/Unix -name "*.txt" -exec head {} \; But its not perfectly working, please help me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carrera911
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic security questions

Hey guys, I've seen this posted a few times when i searched but I kinda want to know the cleanest way of doing it. On Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 What is the best way to disable telnet ssh1 and remote root login premanently? I've seen posts that say edit /etc/services edit this edit that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in Basic UNIX

hi friends, How to obtain list of groups we r a member of and redirect it to a file. how to append the details of current OS to a file. how to append the estimated file space to a file. how to append the details of users loged on along wth their current activity into a file. Thank you...I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby36
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Basic Unix installation help

Hi, I am a novice in Unix installation. Was experimenting with it. During installation, i created 2 partitions ( what i am calling ). One for the OS which was named SOLARIS & other was named PRI_DOS. Now on completion of installation, where has my PRI_DOS portion gone. How do i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

6. Solaris

basic unix question

Hello, I'm new to solaris and have an experience with linux. When we see network interface I can see qfe, hme, le0. What is that mean? Is it depend on the network card? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

some basic questions about unix ..

Hi all today i gone through worst interview of my life that for hour questions were so basic but i never though about them now i am figuring out answers my self but i would appreciate if you ppl help me ... i am listing some of the questions i remember .. 1 ) $ cat a.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic doubt in UNIX

Hi, I'm new to this and very much interested to learn unix. Can any one explain me the symbols y we use this is scripting(~ and $). It would be great if some one explain with the eg. Thanks Naveen A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
2 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)