Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy from Solaris to HyperTerm Post 18011 by joerg on Friday 22nd of March 2002 02:19:07 AM
Old 03-22-2002
Sorry I can`t understand your answer.
With the hyperterm connection i am able to connect to my workstation via hardwired. But how can I connect with telnet from my workstaion to my pc or vice versa.
If I use telnet it is required to set a hostname(ip-address) [port].

Smilie
regards joerg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hyperterm settings for an sgi challenge s server?

i finally got around to splicing a din-8 to db-9 cable that falls under the sgi specs. however, i can't find anything in the challenge s user manual that gives the needed for hyperterminal to make the serial output come on screen. can anyone help me out with what i should be? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy/move folder on XP to Solaris?

I have created a folder on C:\images\Raffles.jpg on my PC, and I like to copy or move to Solaris server. How can I do that? Please advise. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on solaris best utility to copy a file system?

Hi, - on a solaris box what is the best utility to copy a whole file system from one place to other? - the aim of the operation is to place the contents of the whole file system to other file system within the discs cp ? - cpio? - tar? - what about file systemes containing symbolic links ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10: how to copy whole disk?

Hi, i have problems with my system disk (os solaris 5.10) and i'm wondering if there is any way to copy the whole disk to a new one, without reinstalling everything (so to do a mirroring)?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to Copy Folder from one solaris machine to another?

Hi All, Can any body help for below query...... How to Copy Folder from one solaris machine to another? Thanks, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvd
8 Replies

6. Solaris

need to copy file from solaris to windows

Hi my OS is solaris 9 , we have requirement to copy 1 file from solaris box to windows machine , so which utility or commands any idea will be appreciated Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 6.5 MOD disk copy help needed

Hello, we are running Irix 6.5 on our octane/sgi computers - these computers come with an external Sony MOD drive attached via a scsi cable. We have backed info to 2.3 gig MOD disks over the years and woule like to duplicate the MOD's. I believe there are 3 ways to do this: add a second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew_holm
1 Replies

8. Programming

Copy directory from solaris to windows.

Hi All I am new to Unix/sloaris. I want to copy a directory (which conatins further sub directories and files)from sloaris to my windows.I am using PuTTy for it. please any one guide me how to do this or share with me some piece of script. It will be very regarded Best Wishes MIS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MIS
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Copy directory from solaris to windows.

Hi All I am new to Unix/sloaris. I want to copy a directory (which conatins further sub directories and files)from sloaris to my windows.I am using PuTTy for it. please any one guide me how to do this or share with me some piece of script. It will be very regarded Best Wishes MIS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIS
3 Replies

10. Solaris

File copy issue in Solaris

Dears, I have one strange problem. When I copy file from source to destination using scp, file size decreased in destination side. I can see that copy progress is successful in source side. But when I check file size using du -sh command file size is 10 time smaller. First I looked into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
6 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)