Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic Unix Security
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Basic Unix Security Post 17966 by DuttO on Thursday 21st of March 2002 01:26:17 PM
Old 03-21-2002
Question Basic Unix Security

Has anyone got any info on Unix security - I'm after the very basics as I'm a complete beginner (OS level)

Thanks

Dutt'O

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix

okay, im having some trouble. Go ahead, call me a retard, but i keep getting stuck. Suppose i want to open a Picture of Jesus(for the sake of simplicity) using unix. I type: open Desktop/Pictures/Jesus.jpg It opens, and its all well and good. But, suppose i want to open a picture called Joe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HipCracka
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix basic help

What command would I use to list the first lines of all text files within my Unix directory or within any directory inside there? I was using "find" , "head" and "-exec" commands like this: find ~/Unix -name "*.txt" -exec head {} \; But its not perfectly working, please help me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carrera911
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic security questions

Hey guys, I've seen this posted a few times when i searched but I kinda want to know the cleanest way of doing it. On Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 What is the best way to disable telnet ssh1 and remote root login premanently? I've seen posts that say edit /etc/services edit this edit that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in Basic UNIX

hi friends, How to obtain list of groups we r a member of and redirect it to a file. how to append the details of current OS to a file. how to append the estimated file space to a file. how to append the details of users loged on along wth their current activity into a file. Thank you...I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby36
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Basic Unix installation help

Hi, I am a novice in Unix installation. Was experimenting with it. During installation, i created 2 partitions ( what i am calling ). One for the OS which was named SOLARIS & other was named PRI_DOS. Now on completion of installation, where has my PRI_DOS portion gone. How do i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

6. Solaris

basic unix question

Hello, I'm new to solaris and have an experience with linux. When we see network interface I can see qfe, hme, le0. What is that mean? Is it depend on the network card? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

some basic questions about unix ..

Hi all today i gone through worst interview of my life that for hour questions were so basic but i never though about them now i am figuring out answers my self but i would appreciate if you ppl help me ... i am listing some of the questions i remember .. 1 ) $ cat a.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic doubt in UNIX

Hi, I'm new to this and very much interested to learn unix. Can any one explain me the symbols y we use this is scripting(~ and $). It would be great if some one explain with the eg. Thanks Naveen A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
2 Replies
DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix - Convert DateTimes to/from Unix epoch seconds SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix; my $dt = DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); # 2003-04-28T00:00:00 DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->format_datetime($dt); # 1051488000 my $formatter = DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->new(); my $dt2 = $formatter->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); $formatter->format_datetime($dt2); DESCRIPTION
This module can convert a DateTime object (or any object that can be converted to a DateTime object) to the number of seconds since the Unix epoch. METHODS
Most of the methods are the same as those in DateTime::Format::Epoch. The only difference is the constructor. o new() Constructor of the formatter/parser object. It has no parameters. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Eugene van der Pijll <pijll@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Eugene van der Pijll. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
DateTime datetime@perl.org mailing list perl v5.10.1 2007-12-03 DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)