Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in gcc
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in gcc Post 17965 by auswipe on Thursday 21st of March 2002 01:23:50 PM
Old 03-21-2002
What distro of Linux are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error in compile C by gcc

Hi all, I compile my c program and get following result hrnpfc01.c:1387: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1387: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1388: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1388: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1396: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1396: parse error before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zico
4 Replies

2. Linux

gcc install error

I download a gcc3.0.tar.gz file ,then tar it. Continue,I change current path to gcc3.0 and press ./configure The error appeared ,it is CC command not found . Please tell me What can I do to pass on. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fansings
1 Replies

3. Solaris

error while installing gcc

Hi friends, i down loaded the gcc*.gz file and i am getting the following error when i am trying to install it on solaris 8 ======================================================= Processing package instance <SMCgcc342> from </export/gcc-3.4.2-sol8-sparc-local> gcc (sparc) 3.4.2 FSF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

4. Programming

compilation error in gcc

Hi, Should be too simple... I wrote a sample c++ program like #include <iostream.h> int main() {$ int ab=455; cout << ab << endl; return 1; } I am getting error like $ gcc u1.cpp Undefined first referenced ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Error when installing GCC

GCC 3.4.6 was installed in Solaris 2.8. I ran the commands ./configure and make. When running make install I got the below mentioned errors at the end. Please help me in resolving the same. make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/gmsp/antony/gcc-3.4.6/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/sparcv9/libf2c'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

7. Solaris

gcc lib error

Hi, I am working with solaris 9(SunOS mgsun 5.9 Generic_112233-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100).I install the gcc 3.4.6 from sunfreeware website and when I am trying to run it,I am getting the error-- # gcc ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC compiler Ld fatal error

Hi all I'm trying to install sudo. When I first ran the sudo configure script it errored saying that I didn't have a C compiler. I have since installed the GCC 3.4.6 package for sol8 from sun freeware. Doing that resolved the no C complier found error. I was then getting an error saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GCC 4 error.

Hello, dont know much about C, or gcc, but I am trying to compile a program that built fine in gcc3, but is outputting errors in gcc4, int load_REs(char *, char ); #this line is causing the error DB_Query.h:22: error: array type has incomplete element type any help would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike171562
3 Replies

10. Programming

gcc compiling error

I am using gcc to compile c objects on solaris 5.10 and hit the following error messages: /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:323: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:334: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" gmake: *** Error 1 The c program files were copied over from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: med7006
3 Replies
Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)

NAME
Module::Starter::Smart - A Module::Starter plugin for adding new modules into an existing distribution VERSION
version 0.0.4 SYNOPSIS
use Module::Starter qw/Module::Starter::Smart/; Module::Starter->create_distro(%args); # or in ~/.module-starter/config plugin: Module::Starter::Smart # create a new distribution named 'Foo-Bar' $ module-starter --module=Foo::Bar # ... then add a new module $ module-starter --module=Foo::Bar::Me --distro=Foo-Bar DESCRIPTION
Module::Starter::Smart is a simple helper plugin for Module::Starter. It subclasses Module::Starter::Simple and provides its own implementatoin for several file creation subroutines, such as "create_distro", "create_modules", "create_t", and so on. These new implementations were designed to work with existing distributions. When invoked, the plugin checks if the distribution is already created. If so, the plugin would bypass "create_basedir") and go ahead pull in all the existing modules and test files; these information would be used later in the corresponding file creation subroutines for skipping already-created files. UPDATE: This plugin only covers the simplest use cases. For advanced usage, check out Module::Starter::AddModule. Example Say you have an existing distro, Goof-Ball, and you want to add a new module, Goof::Troop. % ls -R Goof-Ball Build.PL Changes MANIFEST README lib/ t/ Goof-Ball/lib: Goof/ Goof-Ball/lib/Goof: Ball.pm Goof-Ball/t: 00.load.t perlcritic.t pod-coverage.t pod.t Go to the directory containing your existing distribution and run module-starter, giving it the names of the existing distribution and the new module: % module-starter --distro=Goof-Ball --module=Goof::Troop Created starter directories and files % ls -R Goof-Ball Build.PL Changes MANIFEST README lib/ t/ Goof-Ball/lib: Goof/ Goof-Ball/lib/Goof: Ball.pm Troop.pm Goof-Ball/t: 00.load.t perlcritic.t pod-coverage.t pod.t Troop.pm has been added to Goof-Ball/lib/Goof. INTERFACE
No public methods. The module works by subclassing Module::Starter::Simple and rewiring its internal behaviors. DEPENDENCIES
Module::Starter::Smart subclasses Module::Starter::Simple. INCOMPATIBILITIES
The plugin works perfectly with other template plugins, i.e. Module::Starter::PBP (I started using it to develop this module) BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-module-starter-smart@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Special thanks to David Messina, who kindly contributes the example. AUTHOR
Ruey-Cheng Chen "<rueycheng@gmail.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2012 Ruey-Cheng Chen "<rueycheng@gmail.com>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-29 Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)