Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting files Post 17957 by PxT on Thursday 21st of March 2002 12:08:51 PM
Old 03-21-2002
To remove all line breaks:

tr -d '\n' < inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting

I've been asking on IRC channels but no one answers me, I need to format my hard drive, normally it's just format c: but c doesn't exist, how do I format when I have linux mandrake installed. Please reply to this quickly, I'm kinda in a rush :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darryll777
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a report from 2 files

I have 2 files with sample data enclosed. 1. GL (already sorted in ascending order by Gl number) Gl number*glname*Year*opening balance 1000*Interest Income*2006*100.00 1005*Rental Income*2006*0.00 ... 2. Transactions (file is not sorted on GL number or any other field) Branch*Year*Gl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting

I have file with different columns for ex. contents of file "txt" NAME AGE MARKS HARRY 23 89 TOM 12 67 BOB 23 11 and you see its not formatted.Now, I need the file "txt" to be formatted like COLUMN1 COLUMN2 COLUMN3 NAME AGE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting and merging 2 data files

Hi, I have 2 files that I got as an output from another program. They are : File 1 ((((((CtBJa:197.0,CtBTz:197.0):85.0,CtAHr:197.0):116.0,CtDUw:197.0):176.0,CtSwe:197.0):110.0, (CtL2b:197.0,Ct4Bu:197.0):196.0):197.0,CmuNg:197.0);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting files

how do i add the directory name to multiple flies and pad numbers sequences /bin/bin2/bin3/bin4/bin5/foo_bar_vX/foobar ie i have a pic in the foobar folder call dsc.1 id like to change it to foobar_dsc.0001 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehive
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in formatting script files

Hi, Can anyone tell me how i can convert all tab spaces inside a script to 4 spaces through another script. Also i need to find if all the quotes are matching and ended properly. Any idea whould be of great help. Many thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading files under a folder and formatting content of each file

I have 'n' number of files in a folder .each file in the folder "myfolder" is having the content like. COLNAME ------------ AAAAAA BBBBBB CCCCCC DDDDDD ... ... ... ZZZZZZ 26 recrod(s) selected. My request is by reading each file in "myfolder" and format each file such a way... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting

Good day All, I have requirement where my input data looks like below ] Message5 Expecting Output as 04/MAR/2104 ||| 23:15:45 ||| servername ||| NOTIFICATION |||message1||||||userId|||||| Message5 I could not use space delimiter as in the messages I would be having them as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formatting

Hi, I am new to UNIX and need your help in formatting the below input command to the desire output Input: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX XPKTABLE1 ( COL1, COL2 ) ON TABLE_NM; Output: COMMENT ON TABLE DB_NM.TABLE_NM AS 'PK=,COL1,COL2; '; In... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun2327
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting The Output Files & Matching Keys

I have the following 2 output files, one contain the standard output after i decrypt the encrypted file and another keys listed from the gpg trust db, Provider File: gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit RSA key, ID 96301328, created 2014-04-29 "JKL <400@abc.com>" gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies
WMC(1)							      Wine Developers Manual							    WMC(1)

NAME
wrc - Wine Message Compiler SYNOPSIS
wmc [options] [inputfile] DESCRIPTION
wmc compiles messages from inputfile into FormatMessage[AW] compatible format encapsulated in a resourcescript format. wmc outputs the data either in a standard .bin formatted binary file, or can generated inline resource data. wmc takes only one inputfile as argument (see BUGS). The inputfile normally has extension .mc. The messages are read from standard input if no inputfile is given. If the outputfile is not specified with -o, then wmc will write the output to inputfile.{rc,h}. The outputfile is named wmc.tab.{rc,h} if no inputfile was given. OPTIONS
-B x Set output byte-order x={n[ative], l[ittle], b[ig]}. Default is n[ative]. -c Set 'custom-bit' in message-code values. -d NON-FUNCTIONAL; Use decimal values in output -D Set debug flag. This results is a parser trace and a lot of extra messages. -h Print an informative usage message. -H file Write headerfile to file. Default is inputfile.h. -i Inline messagetable(s). This option skips the generation of all .bin files and writes all output into the .rc file. This encoding is parsable with wrc(1). -o file Output to file. Default is inputfile.rc. -u Assume that the inputfile is in unicode. -U Write resource output in unicode formatted messagetable(s). -v Show all supported codepages and languages. -V Print version end exit. -W Enable pedantic warnings. EXTENSIONS
The original syntax is extended to support codepages more smoothly. Normally, codepages are based on the DOS-codepage from the language setting. The original syntax only allows the destination codepage to be set. However, this is not enough for non-DOS systems which do not use unicode source-files. A new keyword Codepages is introduced to set both input and output codepages to anything one wants for each language. The syntax is similar to the other constructs: Codepages '=' '(' language '=' cpin ':' cpout ... ')' The language is the numerical language-ID or the alias set with LanguageNames. The input-codepage cpin and output-codepage cpout are the numerical codepage-IDs. There can be multiple mapping within the definition and the definition may occur more than once. AUTHORS
wmc was written by Bertho A. Stultiens. BUGS
The message compiler should be able to have multiple inputfiles and combine them into one outputfile. This would enable the splitting of languages into separate files. Unicode detection of the input is suboptimal, to say the least. It should recognize byte-order-marks (BOM) and decide what to do. Decimal output is completely lacking. Don't know whether it should be implemented because it is a, well, non-informative format change. It is recognized on the commandline for some form of compatibility. AVAILABILITY
wmc is part of the wine distribution, which is available through WineHQ, the wine development headquarters, at http://www.winehq.org/. SEE ALSO
wine(1), wrc(1) Wine 1.2-rc6 October 2005 WMC(1)