Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How To Use AT pt.2
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How To Use AT pt.2 Post 17826 by Cynergetix on Wednesday 20th of March 2002 01:04:36 PM
Old 03-20-2002
Tools

thanks mate.

what I was asking was this

I have written a program in perl to backup certain files

I wanted to use the at command to set it off during the night while I am away from the machine.

I think from what you have posted that I get the gist of the syntax and what to do but if you think you could be more specific on what I have given you, then please feel free to give me more information.

many thanks

kbackup(1)						      General Commands Manual							kbackup(1)

NAME
kbackup - An easy to use backup program VERSION
0.7 DESCRIPTION
Kbackup is a program that lets you back up any directories or files. It uses an easy to use directory tree to select the things to back up and lets you save your settings in "profile" files. These are simple textfiles containing definitions for directories and files to be included or excluded from the backup process. USAGE
Usage: kbackup [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [profile] APPLICATION OPTIONS
Generic options: --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v, --version Show version information --license Show license information Arguments: profile Start with given profile Options: --script <file> Script to run after finishing one archive slice --auto <profile> Automatically run the backup with the given profile and terminate when done. --autobg <profile> Automatically run the backup with the given profile in the background (without showing a window) and terminate when done. --verbose In autobg mode be verbose and print every single filename during backup --forceFull In auto/autobg mode force the backup to be a full backup instead of acting on the profile settings AUTHORS
Kbackup was written by Martin Koller <kollix@aon.at>. This man-page was created by Scott Kitterman <scott@kitterman.com> and is licensed under the same terms as kbackup. 2010-07-13 kbackup(1)