Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers parsing with multible delimiters Post 17802 by gillbates on Wednesday 20th of March 2002 09:58:46 AM
Old 03-20-2002
simple solution

I know this won't please the hard core among you but a co-worker of mine came up with the simple solution. Sed the data to change one of the delimeter's to the other and then cut out the fields. done!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

To extract everything between two delimiters

My input file looks like " @$SCRIPT/atp_asrmt_adj.sql $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1005w.pls $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1006w.pls start $SCRIPT/cim1020d.sql;^M spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql @$DATA/cim1021m.sql ! rm $DATA/cim1021m.sql spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dowsed4u8
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two delimiters with AWK

Hello, this thread is more about scripting style than a specific issue. I've to grep from a output some lines and from them obtain a specific entry delimited by < and >. This is my way : 1) grep -i user list | awk '{FS="<";print $NF}' | sed -e 's/>//g' 2) grep -i user list | cut -d","... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort with different delimiters

I have a file with the following lines in it: Inbound1:remote - - 01/Nov/2011:08:29:51 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound1:remote - - 02/Dec/2011:08:31:42 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound3:remote - - 01/Oct/2011:08:29:52 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound4:remote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delimiters used in UNIX

Can you point me to information on the different delimited in UNIX like colon, spaces and tabs? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momhef4
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Delimiters

Hi Team, I am trying to get the data in below format Jan 01 | 19:00:32 | xyz | abc | sometext | string however I am not sure of the total number strings which can come in the record hence i cant use something like below as it can end $6 or it can go further cat file| awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters with awk?

I have a file which is separated by delimiter "|", but the prob is one of my column do contain delimiter as description so how can i differentiate it? PS : the delmiter does have backslash coming before it, if occurring in column Annual|Beleagured|Desc|Denver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

9. Programming

Segfault When Parsing Delimiters In C

Another project, another bump in the road and another chance to learn. I've been trying to open gzipped files and parse data from them and hit a snag. I have data in gzips with a place followed by an ip or ip range sort of like this: Some place:x.x.x.x-x.x.x.x I was able to modify some code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

--Parsing out strings for repeating delimiters for everyline

Hello: I have some text output, on SunOS 5.11 platform using KSH: I am trying to parse out each string within the () for each line. I tried, as example: perl -lanF"" -e 'print "$F $F $F $F $F $F"' But for some reason, the output gets all garbled after the the first fields.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilgamesh
8 Replies
GEARMAN_WORKER_SET_TIMEOUT(3)					     Gearmand					     GEARMAN_WORKER_SET_TIMEOUT(3)

NAME
gearman_worker_set_timeout - Gearmand Documentation, http://gearman.info/ SYNOPSIS
#include <libgearman/gearman.h> gearman_worker_st gearman_worker_set_task_context_free_fn int gearman_worker_timeout(gearman_worker_st *worker) void gearman_worker_set_timeout(gearman_worker_st *worker, int timeout) void *gearman_worker_context(const gearman_worker_st *worker) void gearman_worker_set_context(gearman_worker_st *worker, void *context) void gearman_worker_set_workload_malloc_fn(gearman_worker_st *worker, gearman_malloc_fn *function, void *context) void gearman_worker_set_workload_free_fn(gearman_worker_st *worker, gearman_free_fn *function, void *context) gearman_return_t gearman_worker_wait(gearman_worker_st *worker) gearman_return_t gearman_worker_register(gearman_worker_st *worker, const char *function_name, uint32_t timeout) gearman_return_t gearman_worker_unregister(gearman_worker_st *worker, const char *function_name) gearman_return_t gearman_worker_unregister_all(gearman_worker_st *worker) gearman_job_st *gearman_worker_grab_job(gearman_worker_st *worker, gearman_job_st *job, gearman_return_t *ret_ptr) void gearman_job_free_all(gearman_worker_st *worker) bool gearman_worker_function_exist(gearman_worker_st *worker, const char *function_name, size_t function_length) gearman_return_t gearman_worker_work(gearman_worker_st *worker) Link with -lgearman DESCRIPTION
gearman_worker_st is used for worker communication with the server. gearman_worker_context() and gearman_worker_set_context() can be used to store an arbitrary object for the user. gearman_worker_set_task_context_free_fn() sets a trigger that will be called when a gearman_task_st is released. gearman_worker_timeout() and gearman_worker_set_timeout() get and set the current timeout value, in milliseconds, for the worker. gearman_worker_function_exist() is used to determine if a given worker has a specific function. Normally malloc(3) and free(3) are used for allocation and releasing workloads. gearman_worker_set_workload_malloc_fn() and gearman_worker_set_workload_free_fn() can be used to replace these with custom functions. If you need to remove a function from the server you can call either gearman_worker_unregister_all() to remove all functions that the worker has told the gearmand server about, or you can use gearman_worker_unregister() to remove just a single function. RETURN
Various HOME
To find out more information please check: http://gearman.info/ SEE ALSO
gearmand(8) libgearman(3) AUTHOR
Data Differential http://www.datadifferential.com/ COPYRIGHT
2012, Data Differential, http://www.datadifferential.com/ 0.33 May 04, 2012 GEARMAN_WORKER_SET_TIMEOUT(3)