Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shtml in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shtml in Unix Post 17780 by joey00 on Wednesday 20th of March 2002 05:17:05 AM
Old 03-20-2002
Hi,

I only have rights to edit files on the server so I have no idea.. makes everything a bit more complicated.

But, I already figured out that the problem might be the way I'm linking to the file and I'm going to try using

<!--#include virtual="/include/menu_top.inc" --> in stead of
<!--#include file="/include/menu_top.inc" -->

*fingers crossed*

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
edit-pr(1)						       GNATS User Utilities							edit-pr(1)

NAME
edit-pr - edit a problem report in the GNATS database SYNOPSIS
edit-pr [ -h | --help ] [ -V | --version ] [ -d databasename | --database=databasename ] [ -H host | --host=host ] [ -P port | --port=port ] [ -v user | --user=user ] [ -w password | --passwd=password ] PR DESCRIPTION
edit-pr is used to make changes to existing PRs in a GNATS database. edit-pr first examines the PR and locks it if it is not already locked. This is to prevent a PR from being edited by two users simultane- ously. If the PR is already in the process of being edited, edit-pr displays the name of the person who owns the lock. edit-pr then calls $EDITOR on PR. After the PR has been edited, it is resubmitted to the database, and the index is updated. If you change a field that requires a reason for the change, edit-pr prompts you to supply a reason for the change. A message is then ap- pended to the Audit-Trail field of PR with the changed values and the change reason. Depending on how the database is configured, editing various fields in the PR may also cause mail to be sent concerning these changes. In the default configuration, any fields that generate Audit-Trail entries will cause a copy of the new Audit-Trail message to be sent. OPTIONS
-h, --help Prints a brief usage message for edit-pr. -V, --version Prints the version number for edit-pr. -d, --database Specifies the database containing the PR to be edited; if no database is specified, the database named default is assumed. This option overrides the database specified in the GNATSDB environment variable. GNATS network options: -H, --host Hostname of the GNATS server. -P, --port The port that the GNATS server runs on. -v, --username Username used to log into the GNATS server. -w, --passwd Password used to log into the GNATS server. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variable EDITOR specifies the editor to invoke on the PR. Default is vi(1). The GNATSDB environment variable is used to determine which database to use. For a local database, it contains the name of the database to access. For network access via gnatsd, it contains a colon-separated list of strings that describe the remote database, in the form server:port:databasename:username:password Any of the fields may be omitted, but at least one colon must appear; otherwise, the value is assumed to be the name of a local database. If GNATSDB is not set, it is assumed that the database is local and that its name is default. FILES
/tmp/ep$$ Temporary file for PR being edited. /tmp/ed_pr_ch$$ Holds Audit-Trail change message, if needed. /tmp/u$$ Holds output of lock function. SEE ALSO
Keeping Track: Managing Messages With GNATS (also installed as the GNU Info file gnats.info) databases(5), dbconfig(5), delete-pr(8), edit-pr(1) file-pr(8), gen-index(8), gnats(7), gnatsd(8), mkcat(8), mkdb(8), pr-edit(8), query- pr(1), queue-pr(8), send-pr(1). COPYING
Copyright (c) 1993, 2003, Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies. Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one. Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be included in translations approved by the Free Software Foundation instead of in the original English. GNATS
August 2003 edit-pr(1)