Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers What are the 7 layers of OSI model or TCP/IP Post 17757 by killerserv on Tuesday 19th of March 2002 11:14:44 PM
Old 03-20-2002
i have a feeling that this is a homework assignment. I hope you did read the Forum Rules if this is an homework assignment.

Check this link for the OSI TCP/IP
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/usail/network...rk_layers.html
http://www.kristall.ethz.ch/IZA-SC/A...s/OSI_mod.html

For the NFS 2 & 3
http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/intro.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Network Layers

Could anyone give a better picture of visualising the 7 layers in networking ? How the data is sent ...which part of it is taken care of by software and which is hardware related ? I stumble here everytime I read a book on networking.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seshagiri
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

The OSI-model

after reading a paper about the OSI-model I'm not exactly sure how to look at this model. Does data (a file) travel from the application level "down" each layer at the client Application V Presentation V Session V Transport V Network V Data link V | | | (Physical) | (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
3 Replies

3. Solaris

OSI 9.0 Installation

Dear After i received a demo license for OSI 9.0 from SUN , i installed the packages . but when i tried to start the osinet deamon ( /etc/rc2.d/S90osinet ) i am getting the foellowing errror # ./S90osinet start starting osi daemon/usr/sbin/osinetd cannot find a valid license (STACK 9.0)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsgeorge
4 Replies

4. Solaris

OSI 9.0 Installation some question

Hi. I get the folloing message if i try to start the osinet deamon: # /etc/rc2.d/S90osinet start starting osi daemonunable to unload all the osi modules some OSI applications may be running unable to start OSI daemon # Has anyone an idea what is going wrong? Answers to mail: (Note... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morenqfj
1 Replies

5. Solaris

OSI interface...

I'm using OSI version 9.0 with solaries OS , I 'm thinking of analysing the tracing while sending information through OSI layers , I want to analyze exactly the BER data ? Any one could provide an examples , I know the command for tracing these information but i need to understand the bytes travels... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

6. Debian

OSI application for Debian...

Is there OSI telecom application which can be installed on debian similar to Solstice Solaries OSI ? I need to get it on debian to build cmise and communicate with Network element . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

OSI model, communication between same layers but on different machines

Hi friends, I hope everyone is doing fine. I have this confusion regarding the OSI model. I have been reading a book on datacommunication and networking which discusses the OSI model in great detail. One thing that I can't figure out is the OSI daigram in this book. It shows communication between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to start OSI deamon

dear all, i am working on test server with solaris 10 , after installing OSI deamon i stopped it for a test now when i am starting again i am getting this message that i ggoled and search evrywhere and haven't any response i will be glade for any help in here mate the error was : ./osinet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semaan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)