Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: collect-process
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers collect-process Post 1773 by PxT on Thursday 29th of March 2001 11:02:57 AM
Old 03-29-2001
I am not familiar with the collect command, but if you want to run it at a lower priority, you could do:

nice -n 20 collect -i60,120...<I>etc</I>...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to collect bounces

Wondering if someone could help me out with the best way to collect all the mail that bounces and put the addresses in a file. Running an optin server and need to collect the bounces so we can remove them, using sendmail. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevin9
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Planning for DR, I have to collect information

Dear All, We are going for Disaster Recovery project, the vendor asked for more details about how much is the daily data changes only. using sar / iostat can any one help me to collect this ?! Note: only I need the changed data size not the daily increasing data. this is to know how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

collect data from another file

Hi Friends , I am urgently needed your help. could you pleas help me in creating the shell script. Requirement : collect the data from no_file.txt no_file.txt ============ 1 11 265 290 300 313 326 351 Then create another shele script like my_shell.csh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas_jena
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

collect comand usage

I would like to set up monitoring of CPU, memory and disk utilization as a cron job daily with this command, on a Tru64 machine. I presume that it can be done similar to syslog.dated procedure, so that every day i get a file in, for example, /var/adm/collect.dated/... Specifically, i would like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collect information from switches

Hi All , In my environment we have 12 SAN switches .Culd u pls help me for below queries . would like to telnet to all switches and collect information in daily basis with "switchstatus" command and store the output under /tmp/ folder on systemA . To keep passwords of 12switches in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinni-script
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to collect all db information

hi all I am looking for shell script ,by which i need to gather all the DB information in Sybase server . Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
3 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

collect data from files

there are 200 files named file1_0.pdb,file1_60.pdb etc....it looks like: ATOM 1 N VAL 1 8.897 -21.545 -7.276 1.00 0.00 ATOM 2 H1 VAL 1 9.692 -22.015 -6.868 1.00 0.00 ATOM 3 H2 VAL 1 9.228 -20.766 -7.827 1.00 0.00 ATOM 4 H3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanikasharma
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to collect the logs with in two time stamp ?

Hi Gurus I need to collect the logs between two time stamp... The log files 12 hours format (ex- Nov 14, 2013 12:10:16 AM UTC) I tried the below commands but no luck. awk '$0 >= "Nov 14, 2013 9:40:01" && $0 <= "Nov 14, 2013 9:55:01"' file sed -n '/Nov 14, 2013 7:58:00 PM UTC/,/Nov 14, 2013... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkarthi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collect files for specific hours

I have to fetch files from a location hour wise. Eg files available at location /tmp/data/ are A20140205.1300-1315...... . . A20140205.1400-1415...... . . A20140205.1700-1715...... . . . . Below is the code I have prepared. But it works only for one hour. For instance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saidul
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able ot collect perldoc output to a file

I need the output of perldoc command collected to a file # perldoc -l File::Scan::ClamAV > /usr/src/asas.txt No documentation found for "File::Scan::ClamAV". # cat /usr/src/asas.txt # (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies
NICE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   NICE(1)

NAME
nice, nohup - run a command at low priority (sh only) SYNOPSIS
nice [ -number ] command [ arguments ] nohup command [ arguments ] DESCRIPTION
Nice executes command with low scheduling priority. If the number argument is present, the priority is incremented (higher numbers mean lower priorities) by that amount up to a limit of 20. The default number is 10. The super-user may run commands with priority higher than normal by using a negative priority, e.g. `--10'. Nohup executes command immune to hangup and terminate signals from the controlling terminal. The priority is incremented by 5. Nohup should be invoked from the shell with `&' in order to prevent it from responding to interrupts by or stealing the input from the next per- son who logs in on the same terminal. FILES
nohup.out standard output and standard error file under nohup SEE ALSO
csh(1), setpriority(2), renice(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Nice returns the exit status of the subject command. BUGS
Nice and nohup are particular to sh(1). If you use csh(1), then commands executed with ``&'' are automatically immune to hangup signals while in the background. There is a builtin command nohup which provides immunity from terminate, but it does not redirect output to nohup.out. Nice is built into csh(1) with a slightly different syntax than described here. The form ``nice +10'' nices to positive nice, and ``nice -10'' can be used by the super-user to give a process more of the processor. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1986 NICE(1)