Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy from Solaris to HyperTerm Post 17722 by thehoghunter on Tuesday 19th of March 2002 05:15:46 PM
Old 03-19-2002
Are these two systems on a network? Or are they both stand-alone systems with no connection to a network?

What are the versions of OS?

Some suggestions although I'm not quite sure why you want to go through a serial cable between these systems - if your company's policy is not to do these things, then follow the policy.

If the systems are connected to a network - try sending the files you need to send via email. There are other posted messages about attaching binary files to emails if you search the forum.

If you are trying to backup some important data - have the company buy a tape drive if the systems are stand-alone.

Post back with what exactly you are trying to accomplish.
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hyperterm settings for an sgi challenge s server?

i finally got around to splicing a din-8 to db-9 cable that falls under the sgi specs. however, i can't find anything in the challenge s user manual that gives the needed for hyperterminal to make the serial output come on screen. can anyone help me out with what i should be? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy/move folder on XP to Solaris?

I have created a folder on C:\images\Raffles.jpg on my PC, and I like to copy or move to Solaris server. How can I do that? Please advise. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on solaris best utility to copy a file system?

Hi, - on a solaris box what is the best utility to copy a whole file system from one place to other? - the aim of the operation is to place the contents of the whole file system to other file system within the discs cp ? - cpio? - tar? - what about file systemes containing symbolic links ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10: how to copy whole disk?

Hi, i have problems with my system disk (os solaris 5.10) and i'm wondering if there is any way to copy the whole disk to a new one, without reinstalling everything (so to do a mirroring)?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to Copy Folder from one solaris machine to another?

Hi All, Can any body help for below query...... How to Copy Folder from one solaris machine to another? Thanks, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvd
8 Replies

6. Solaris

need to copy file from solaris to windows

Hi my OS is solaris 9 , we have requirement to copy 1 file from solaris box to windows machine , so which utility or commands any idea will be appreciated Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 6.5 MOD disk copy help needed

Hello, we are running Irix 6.5 on our octane/sgi computers - these computers come with an external Sony MOD drive attached via a scsi cable. We have backed info to 2.3 gig MOD disks over the years and woule like to duplicate the MOD's. I believe there are 3 ways to do this: add a second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew_holm
1 Replies

8. Programming

Copy directory from solaris to windows.

Hi All I am new to Unix/sloaris. I want to copy a directory (which conatins further sub directories and files)from sloaris to my windows.I am using PuTTy for it. please any one guide me how to do this or share with me some piece of script. It will be very regarded Best Wishes MIS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MIS
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Copy directory from solaris to windows.

Hi All I am new to Unix/sloaris. I want to copy a directory (which conatins further sub directories and files)from sloaris to my windows.I am using PuTTy for it. please any one guide me how to do this or share with me some piece of script. It will be very regarded Best Wishes MIS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIS
3 Replies

10. Solaris

File copy issue in Solaris

Dears, I have one strange problem. When I copy file from source to destination using scp, file size decreased in destination side. I can see that copy progress is successful in source side. But when I check file size using du -sh command file size is 10 time smaller. First I looked into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
6 Replies
nagios3(8)							      nagios								nagios3(8)

NAME
nagios3 - network/systems status monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
nagios3 [-h] [-v] [-s] [-d] <main_config_file> DESCRIPTION
nagios3 is a daemon program that monitors the status of various network accessible systems, devices, and more. For more information, please consult the online documentation available at http://www.nagios.org, or on your nagios server's web page. OPTIONS
main_config_file The main configuration file. On debian systems this defaults to /etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg -h A helpful usage message -v Reads all data in the configuration files and performs a basic verification/sanity check. Always make sure you verify your config data before (re)starting Nagios. -s Shows projected/recommended check scheduling information based on the current data in the configuration files. -d Starts Nagios in daemon mode (instead of as a foreground process). FILES
/etc/nagios3 Default configuration directory for nagios3 AUTHOR
nagios3 is written and maintained by Ethan Galstad <nagios@nagios.org>. This manual page was written by sean finney <seanius@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (but it may be freely used, modified, and redistributed by others). sean finney February 2006 nagios3(8)