Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers parsing with multible delimiters Post 17710 by gillbates on Tuesday 19th of March 2002 03:28:10 PM
Old 03-19-2002
Thanks

Beuty, works like a champ.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

To extract everything between two delimiters

My input file looks like " @$SCRIPT/atp_asrmt_adj.sql $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1005w.pls $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1006w.pls start $SCRIPT/cim1020d.sql;^M spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql @$DATA/cim1021m.sql ! rm $DATA/cim1021m.sql spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dowsed4u8
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two delimiters with AWK

Hello, this thread is more about scripting style than a specific issue. I've to grep from a output some lines and from them obtain a specific entry delimited by < and >. This is my way : 1) grep -i user list | awk '{FS="<";print $NF}' | sed -e 's/>//g' 2) grep -i user list | cut -d","... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort with different delimiters

I have a file with the following lines in it: Inbound1:remote - - 01/Nov/2011:08:29:51 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound1:remote - - 02/Dec/2011:08:31:42 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound3:remote - - 01/Oct/2011:08:29:52 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound4:remote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delimiters used in UNIX

Can you point me to information on the different delimited in UNIX like colon, spaces and tabs? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momhef4
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Delimiters

Hi Team, I am trying to get the data in below format Jan 01 | 19:00:32 | xyz | abc | sometext | string however I am not sure of the total number strings which can come in the record hence i cant use something like below as it can end $6 or it can go further cat file| awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters with awk?

I have a file which is separated by delimiter "|", but the prob is one of my column do contain delimiter as description so how can i differentiate it? PS : the delmiter does have backslash coming before it, if occurring in column Annual|Beleagured|Desc|Denver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

9. Programming

Segfault When Parsing Delimiters In C

Another project, another bump in the road and another chance to learn. I've been trying to open gzipped files and parse data from them and hit a snag. I have data in gzips with a place followed by an ip or ip range sort of like this: Some place:x.x.x.x-x.x.x.x I was able to modify some code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

--Parsing out strings for repeating delimiters for everyline

Hello: I have some text output, on SunOS 5.11 platform using KSH: I am trying to parse out each string within the () for each line. I tried, as example: perl -lanF"" -e 'print "$F $F $F $F $F $F"' But for some reason, the output gets all garbled after the the first fields.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilgamesh
8 Replies
FPUTCSV(3)								 1								FPUTCSV(3)

fputcsv - Format line as CSV and write to file pointer

SYNOPSIS
int fputcsv (resource $handle, array $fields, [string $delimiter = ","], [string $enclosure = '"'], [string $escape_char = " DESCRIPTION
fputcsv(3) formats a line (passed as a $fields array) as CSV and write it (terminated by a newline) to the specified file $handle. PARAMETERS
o $handle -The file pointer must be valid, and must point to a file successfully opened by fopen(3) or fsockopen(3) (and not yet closed by fclose(3)). o $fields - An array of values. o $delimiter - The optional $delimiter parameter sets the field delimiter (one character only). o $enclosure - The optional $enclosure parameter sets the field enclosure (one character only). o $escape_char - The optional $escape_char parameter sets the escape character (one character only). RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the written string or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ | 5.5.4 | | | | | | | The $escape_char parameter was added | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 fputcsv(3) example <?php $list = array ( array('aaa', 'bbb', 'ccc', 'dddd'), array('123', '456', '789'), array('"aaa"', '"bbb"') ); $fp = fopen('file.csv', 'w'); foreach ($list as $fields) { fputcsv($fp, $fields); } fclose($fp); ?> The above example will write the following to file.csv: aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd 123,456,789 """aaa""","""bbb""" NOTES
Note If PHP is not properly recognizing the line endings when reading files either on or created by a Macintosh computer, enabling the auto_detect_line_endings run-time configuration option may help resolve the problem. SEE ALSO
fgetcsv(3). PHP Documentation Group FPUTCSV(3)