Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What about,....
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What about,.... Post 1768 by Astudent on Thursday 29th of March 2001 10:25:37 AM
Old 03-29-2001
Neo,
I am not familar with wrapper scripts.
I was thinking a longer way of doing things would be do write a bunch of if, elifs and write something like if
if [ "$1" -eq January ]
then
cal 1 2001
fi

for getting january 2001, then fill in the rest through to december.
What do you say is this an effective way or, should I try something else.

Thanks again,

theA

cal(1)							      General Commands Manual							    cal(1)

NAME
cal - print calendar SYNOPSIS
[[month] year] DESCRIPTION
prints a calendar for the specified year. If a month is also specified, a calendar just for that month is printed. If neither is speci- fied, a calendar for the present month is printed. year can be between 1 and 9999. month is a decimal number between 1 and 12. The cal- endar produced is a Gregorian calendar. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
For information about the UNIX Standard environment, see standards(5). Environment Variables determines the locale to use for the locale categories when both and the corresponding environment variable (beginning with do not specify a locale. If is not set or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used. determines the locale for interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (e.g., single- verses multibyte characters in arguments and input files). determines the format and contents of the calendar. determines the timezone used to calculate the value of the current month. If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
The command: prints the calendar for September, 1850 on the screen as follows: However, for UNIX Standard (see standards(5)), the output looks like below: WARNINGS
The year is always considered to start in January even though this is historically naive. Beware that refers to the early Christian era, not the 20th century. SEE ALSO
standards(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
cal(1)