Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp security
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp security Post 17678 by inpavan on Tuesday 19th of March 2002 07:53:55 AM
Old 03-19-2002
I have a similar problem.

I have to tansfer 6 files from one unix box 'a' to another 'b'. I tried 'rcp' but file system on b does not allow the files to be rcp'ed from a.

My system admin has refused to use .netrc (due to security issues).

Could not transfer files using sftp.

Any other techniques available to transfer files from one box to another.

I am (trying to) transferring files from HP to Sun Solaris.

SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

HP-UX B.10.20 B 9000/891 350319241

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ftp security

Hi all, Are there any white papers on setting up ftp, where a user logs in from any system to put a file on another UNIX machine. eg. the external user puts a file in "ddd". We only want them to have access to this directory for write purposes and access no where else. Can we put an acl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbeard
2 Replies

2. AIX

Unix security -- FTP service????

I would like to ask for you suggestions or comments see if you can help. Since system auditing is under progress and the AIX is the main investigated unit. They are asking to disable the FTP service to enhance the security but I doubt. For daily use, the FTP will help administrator to download... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
1 Replies
ftp::geturl(3tcl)						    ftp client							 ftp::geturl(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(3tcl)