Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables: block/allow ftp
Special Forums Cybersecurity iptables: block/allow ftp Post 17646 by sTorm on Tuesday 19th of March 2002 02:14:01 AM
Old 03-19-2002
Thx for your reply.
What if the traffic has to be forwarded? Can I just replace INPUT with FORWARD?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables, ftp

I have allready opened a thread about this, but my question was really weird formed, so I'm writting it here again: I have a Network with 4 FTP Servers, then a firewall, and then a Network with clients. The clients should have access to the FTP Servers, but it should not be possible to connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP inside a block of code

I need help on the code below. I am getting a compile error syntax error at line 283 : `<<' unmatched Looks like it doesn't like the << on the ftp line below. If I ran the code outside of this block everything work fine, but when I put in a block of code or in a function, I got syntax error. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemjesse
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Want to block ftp for root user

Hi Friends, I would like to block the root user for doing ftp. As I am aware that I need to put the entry for root in /etc/ftpusers.....am I right...??? But I am not able to edit the file & even more command is not working. #ls -l ftp* total 14 -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 1249 Jun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to block an anonymous ftp user?

Could anyone provide information on how to block a specific client machine from being able to log onto anonymous ftp? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block incoming traffic FTP from internet using iptables

Hi everybody. I have the next scenary: eth0: WAN eth1: DMZ eth2: LAN I need to block all incoming trafic from the internet through my network LAN using iptables. I have squid but i need to do this using ipatbles. I have been listening about iptables -A FORDAWARD but I am stuck right... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edeamat
0 Replies

6. AIX

Block users ftp service

Hello everyone I create a file /etc/ftpusers to block users. I put the names of the users and I refresh the service inetd. My question is the user still log in by ftp.???? What I miss Thanks for your opinions. Greetings (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables-ftp

I have set up a firewall on my centOS 5.6 box. I copied it from info I found online related to web servers. Everything seems to work fine but my ftp from my LAN. I am not able to ftp into the directories at all. I have the box set up as a test web server. Here is my iptable: I have opened ports... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktb231
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

iptables ftp denies ls

Hi, Following is the output of iptables -S command -P INPUT ACCEPT -P FORWARD ACCEPT -P OUTPUT ACCEPT -A INPUT -s 192.168.0.5/32 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s 192.168.0.5/32 -p udp -m udp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s 192.168.0.0/24 -p udp -m udp --dport 20 -j... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahdharmit
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

vsftp | active and passive ftp | iptables

I am using vsftp but I can't login with passive mode. I can only login with active mode. I can login with both mode when service of iptables is stop. In active mode : 20,21 must be open from server site. 1023 and over must be open at client site. In passive mode : only 21,1023 and over must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

iptables problem with ftp

I have a pretty stock iptables script. One rule allows active ftp from an outside IP address. To troubleshoot it, I opened up ftp to all connections from the outside. When a user outside our domain connects via FTP, they are denied. If I flush the rules, the ftp takes place successfully. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
2 Replies
ARPSPOOF(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ARPSPOOF(8)

NAME
arpspoof - intercept packets on a switched LAN SYNOPSIS
arpspoof [-i interface] [-c own|host|both] [-t target] [-r] host DESCRIPTION
arpspoof redirects packets from a target host (or all hosts) on the LAN intended for another host on the LAN by forging ARP replies. This is an extremely effective way of sniffing traffic on a switch. Kernel IP forwarding (or a userland program which accomplishes the same, e.g. fragrouter(8)) must be turned on ahead of time. OPTIONS
-i interface Specify the interface to use. -c own|host|both Specify which hardware address t use when restoring the arp configuration; while cleaning up, packets can be send with the own address as well as with the address of the host. Sending packets with a fake hw address can disrupt connectivity with certain switch/ap/bridge configurations, however it works more reliably than using the own address, which is the default way arpspoof cleans up afterwards. -t target Specify a particular host to ARP poison (if not specified, all hosts on the LAN). Repeat to specify multiple hosts. -r Poison both hosts (host and target) to capture traffic in both directions. (only valid in conjuntion with -t) host Specify the host you wish to intercept packets for (usually the local gateway). SEE ALSO
dsniff(8), fragrouter(8) AUTHOR
Dug Song <dugsong@monkey.org> ARPSPOOF(8)