Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Commad to Delete Nested Directory Post 17641 by vin_vinu on Monday 18th of March 2002 11:39:37 PM
Old 03-19-2002
Also sometimes if you want to force the delete you can use the -f switch with the command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Can't delete a directory on HP-UX

Hi, I am having hard time to delete a directory: $ rm -r testoxdwdw rm: testoxdwdw non-existent $ rmdir testoxdwdw rmdir: testoxdwdw: No such file or directory $ rm -rf testoxdwdw Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oradbus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete a directory

Hi all, I have an empty directory "-ltr". How to delete it ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't delete directory

Hi, I have a problem on Solaris 10 regarding deletion of files when I try to recursively delete the directory /opt/Tivoli as root, I get the following error message: rm: Unable to remove directory Tivoli/lcf/dat/1/no-del/bin/solaris2/TME: File exists rm: Unable to remove directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with ls commad

hi I want to display the latest file in script. say for example file.txt1 file.txt2 file.txt3(latest) in the script var1=`ls -ltr file.txt* | tail-1` echo $var1 This is what i am using. But this says that file.txt*: No such file or directory To the same script if I pass... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script commad implementation - urgent help

I modified the .profile of a user id to start "script" when the user logs in. When the user logs out, I have added a trap command in the .profile file to capture the exit signal. And in that trap command, I have added the creation of a file called .logout. And in the .logout file, I have added... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in excluding a particular directory using Find commad

Hi, I have a directory structure as below /home/gad/Merl/a/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/b/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/c/a1.txt How can I find the file a1.txt but not from directory 'a' and it(the filw) should loaded 6 days ago.. Can any one pls help,quick reply much appriciated.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

8. Programming

UNIX commad in COBOL

Hi guys, i used the call "sytem" using ... in a cobol program. At the moment i stoped at an empasse, how cam I retrive the execution's result of unix command? Explenation, I made an 'pwd' command, and I must to have the directory inside the program. How can have this result? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prosy60
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why can't I delete this directory ?

Oracle Linux 6.4 bash shell I am trying to remove the directory named OPatch. I am trying to run rm and rmdir commands while logged in as grid user, the owner of the directory. But I keep getting "Permission denied" error. It is an empty directory. Any idea why I am getting 'Permission denied'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
5 Replies
Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact(3pm)

NAME
Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact - an instance of Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete for contact objects. SYNOPSIS
use Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact; use strict; my $delete = Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact->new; $delete->setContact('contact-id'); print $delete->toString(1); This results in an XML document like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0 epp-1.0.xsd"> <command> <delete> <contact:delete xmlns:contact="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:contact-1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:contact-1.0 contact-1.0.xsd"> <contact:name>contact-idE<lt>/contact:name> </contact:delete> </delete> <clTRID>0cf1b8f7e14547d26f03b7641660c641d9e79f45</clTRIDE<gt> </command> </epp> OBJECT HIERARCHY
L<XML::LibXML::Node> +----L<XML::LibXML::Document> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact> METHODS
$frame->setContact($domain_name); This specifies the contact object to be deleted. AUTHOR
CentralNic Ltd (http://www.centralnic.com/). COPYRIGHT
This module is (c) 2012 CentralNic Ltd. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
o Net::EPP::Frame perl v5.14.2 2012-04-23 Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact(3pm)