Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dump program variables
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Dump program variables Post 17573 by rejise on Monday 18th of March 2002 01:57:28 AM
Old 03-18-2002
Data Dump program variables

Hi,

Wish if could provide some clues.
How do I dump all the C program variables(global) into say a file with their names and the values. So that when I restart the application again I could use this same file for reinitializing.Is this possible?

Thanks,
Reji

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie: How do I get variables mid program

I'm writing a simple program in unix and was wondering how mid switch I can run a program and get someone to enter variables for it i.e.: #!/bin/csh -f echo "If you wish to do v press v" echo "If you wish to compile press c" echo "If you wish to add an entry press a" echo "If you wish to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RichardB
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing shell variables to awk program..

Hello, Can we pass shell variables like $PATH etc. to a awk program part for example, awk ' { fieldValue=$PATH .... }' file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access the C program variables in shell script

hi I wanted to access the C program variables in shell script. This script is called from the same C program. What are the ways in which i can access variables thankx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem accessing Multiple Variables from C Program to a Shell script

program name--test #!/bin/bash output1=`/home/user/a.c` output2=`/home/user/a.c` k=`$output1 + 1` m=`$output2 + 1` echo $k echo $m --------------------------------------------------------------------------- prgram name--a.c #include<stdio.h> int main() (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameworld1980
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Small Program with variables

Hello Geniuses of the unix world. please help, stupid chemist. I have the following script that I need to create a file. Doesnt make sense unless i explain this way: I need to create a file called summary.in I would like all these lines to be inserted however in the command line I would like the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gingburg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a command to close a program with dump?

I'm running into some problems using pkill in my scripts. I'm using a program that needs to dump. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjaaron
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to use variables in system command in a C program

this method is not working.I am having a problem to use variables in system command. i cannot use the variables in system command. this how i was did system("whereis command"); this method works very fine. but, i want use the commands as variable. that means i want only pass the variables.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanda2601
6 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Knowing the size and location of variables in a C program

So I need some help with this. Pardon me if I'm posting in the wrong forum, after some googling for my answer and finding nothing I found this forum. It seemed appropriate for what I was seeking. I just didnt find a forum that concerned the use of GDB. I'm learning to use the C language and GDB.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cambria
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using env variables to run a program

Hi there, I need urgent help with a small program that is run via shell script. Unfortunately I only understand the bare basics of shell scripting and can't figure out how to do this. We have a program that tests the connection between 3 servers. I have a script that lets the program run on... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pherdinand
15 Replies
dump(n) 																   dump(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dump - Dump information about Tcl interpreter in TkCon SYNOPSIS
dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The dump command provides a way for the user to spit out state information about the interpreter in a Tcl readable (and human readable) form. It takes the general form: dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? The patterns represent glob-style patterns (as in string match pattern $str). -nocomplain will prevent dump from throwing an error if no items matched the pattern. -filter is interpreted as appropriate for the method. The various methods are: dump command args Outputs one or more commands. dump procedure args Outputs one or more procs in sourceable form. dump variable args Outputs the values of variables in sourceable form. Recognizes nested arrays. The -filter pattern is used as to filter array ele- ment names and is interepreted as a glob pattern (defaults to {*}). It is passed down for nested arrays. dump widget args Outputs one or more widgets by giving their configuration options. The -filter pattern is used as to filter the config options and is interpreted as a case insensitive regexp pattern (defaults to {.*}). SEE ALSO
idebug(n), observe(n), tkcon(1), tkcon(n), tkconrc(5) KEYWORDS
Tk, console, dump COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Jeffrey Hobbs <jeff at hobbs.org> TkCon 2.5 dump(n)