Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: c++ home directory??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers c++ home directory?? Post 17528 by Perderabo on Saturday 16th of March 2002 08:49:51 PM
Old 03-16-2002
Also, most (all?) compilers will have an option to add directories to list of places to find include files. My compiler uses:

cc -I/usr/local/somedir

Check the man page on your compiler to see if it has an option like this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd into home directory ~

I'm trying to cd into a home directory with cd ~username_here and I'm getting the following error: ~username_here: does not exist The directory exists and I can directly go to it via cd /export/home/username_here without any problems. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory

Hi what is the difference between the directory named /home and the user's home directory? can anyone plz reply? really confuse about it!!!!!!!! thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia3100
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

home directory

hello i want shell script. as root , i want to untar specific.tar.gz to all home user directory and after untar , there is 1.txt 2.txt ~~ 26.txt in/public_html/test1/ i want randomly selected 6 text files in 1.txt 2.txt ~26.txt to be renamed newword1.word , newword2.word , ~~... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
8 Replies

4. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

5. SuSE

Could not chdir to home directory

Hi, on logging into oracle account i got these error message Could not chdir to home directory /home/oracle: No such file or directory /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth: error in locking authority file /home/oracle/.Xauthority found the command used in creating user was usermod -d /home/oracle -m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

7. Solaris

home directory for roleadd

hi all.. by seeing the subject, you can judge that i am new bee to solaris. my question in mind is 'Why do we need to specify a home directory for roleadd ?'. specifying a home directory for user is meaningful because user oriented preferences can be placed inside it. RBAC uses attributes in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starworse@yahoo
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Not able to create directory in /home.

I am working on Solaris 10 machine with autofs(auto_home) disabled. But when I am creating any directory inside /home like /home/Telco, it's going in sleep, and nothing is happening until I manually end the process. Can any one help me out here? ---------- Post updated 2014-01-14 at 05:05... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
FORT77(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FORT77(1)

NAME
fort77 - invoke f2c Fortran translator transparently, like a compiler SYNOPSIS
fort77 [-c] [-g] [-v] [-k] [-P] [-cpp] [f2c option ...] [-L directory ...] [gcc-option ...] [link option ...] [-O optlevel] [-o out- file] [-s] [-w] [-Wx,arg1[,arg2]...] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fort77 script invokes the f2c command transparently, so it can be used like a real Fortran compiler. It can be used to compile For- tran, C and assembler code, and to link it with the f2c libraries. File arguments ending with .f are compiled as Fortran source files. Files which end with .P are passed through to f2c, and files ending with .F are passed to the C preprocessor (invoked as "/lib/cpp -traditional") first. Any switches passed via -D will be passed to the pre- processor. If the translation is successful, the resulting C files will be passed to cc for translation into an object file. Files ending in .c, .C, .cc, .i, .s, .S, .m, .cc or .cxx are passed to the GNU C compiler directly; see gcc(1). All other files are passed to the linker. OPTIONS
-c Supress linking and produce an object ( .o ) file from each source file. -g Include debugging information. -v Be verbose; supplying this twice will also tell the C compilers etc to be verbose. -k Keep the C files generated by f2c around. -cpp Pass Fortran code through the C preprocessor, as if filenames ended in .F. -P Generate f2c .P files. -Ldirectory Include directory in the search for libraries in the final linking stage. -o outfile Send output to outfile. -trapuv Have f2c generate code to trap uninitialized values. -Wx,arg1[,arg2...] Pass the argument[s] argi through to the subprocess x, where x can assume one of the following values: f for the f2c step, p for the preprocessing step, c for the C compiler, a for the assembler (this is actually passed to the C compiler, too), and l for the linker. As an example, defining a preprocessor constant for the C compilation step would be done with -Wc,-DUNIX=1. Specifying the -f option to f2c would be done via -Wf,-f. f2c option fort77 passes through almost all f2c options: -C, -U, -u, -a, -E, -h, -P, -R, -r, -z, -I2, -I4, -onetrip, -!c, -!l, -!P, -!R, -ext, -!bs, -W[n], -trapuv, -w8, -r8 and -w66. gcc options The following options are passed through to gcc: -f*, -W*, -U*, -A*, -m*, -S, -E, -v, -x, -pipe, -o, -I, -V, -b*, -p, -pg. linker option The options passed to the linking stage are -static, -shared, -v, -V, and -symbolic. BUGS
To make debugging work, you need to set a breakpoint at MAIN__ before you start. f2c This script automatically supplies the -I. option to f2c. Older versions of f2c may not support this. This script is for the interaction of gcc and f2c; using it with another compiler will probably require modification. The fort77 script does not strictly conform to Posix.2, because it acceppts long options with one leading slash. This is done for gcc com- patibility. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), cc(1), as(1), ld(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Koenig, ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Linux Nov 1996 FORT77(1)