Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install files for hp ux
Operating Systems HP-UX Install files for hp ux Post 17514 by bbutler3295 on Saturday 16th of March 2002 01:56:12 PM
Old 03-16-2002
Come on in try it for your self

login guest
password guest

device name
/dev/dsk/c1t2d0
mount point SD_ROM

will be open for about twenty minutes

all is fun with old machines

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install ***.gz files?

It is MySql files,I am the first time to i install it .please give me the response. Thank you . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
2 Replies

2. Gentoo

How do I install files in Linux?

Ok, I have downloadet a program frome the internet, before you ask and flame me yes I am a noob. But thats not the problem. My problem is. How do I install it so I can run it in the terminal window. The file is .tgz and when i extract it I get a folder with lots of "c" documents and that sorts.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hast5
12 Replies

3. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

4. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris, delete install files

Hi I would like to know if and what installation files can be deleted on a sun solaris server. From the listing below there are several files that I would like to delete in order to get some free space on the disk. Is it safe to delete zip, gz and Z files files located in silent_install or will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmdcmn
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference between %install and %files section in rpm building ?

Hello, I am just a newbie and have very recently started building rpms, i build a very simple rpm that packaged 3 files and everything worked very smoothly. However to be very honest i am not very much clear with what is the difference between %install and %files section. I mean like we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to install custom .bat files in perl

I'm using damke to install perl modules on windows. I have my custom .bat files for the perl script. How to overwrite the .bat files that gets generated by pl2bat with my custom .bat files! Thanks, Hansini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hansini
1 Replies
MOUNT_AFP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_AFP(8)

NAME
mount_afp -- mount an afp (AppleShare) filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_afp [-i] [-s] [-k] [-o options] afp_url node DESCRIPTION
The mount_afp command mounts the AFP volume denoted by the afp_url afp://[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]host[:port]/volumename at the mount point indicated by node. This command is normally executed by mount(8) when the -t afp option is used. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the afp URL, including username & password if needed. The arguments and options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the password if you did not supply one in the url. -s Soft mount (default). Network errors, e.g. timeouts, will be retried for a much shorter amount of time. If the network errors per- sist, then the mount will be force unmounted. -k Hard mount. Network errors, e.g. timeouts, will be retried for an extended amount of time. If the network errors persist, then the mount will be force unmounted. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. Additional options supported by the AFP Client are as follows: nobrowse Indicate to the Carbon subsystem that this volume is not to be displayed to the user. automounted Set flags on the mountpoint to indicate that the volume has been mounted by the automounter. afp_url There are two forms of afp URL, one for TCP/IP and one for AppleTalk: afp://[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]host[:port]/volume afp:/at/[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]servername[:zonename]/volume Denotes the afp server and sharepoint to mount. It may also contain the username & password required to log into the server. uamname is the protocol name of the authentication method. If port is not specified, then port 548 is used. node Path to mount point, which must be a directory that the user has write permissions for. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the afp volume server.company.com/volumename/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt: mkdir /Volumes/mntpnt mount_afp afp://username:userpass@server.company.com/volumename/ /Volumes/mntpnt This example shows the proper url to use to mount the volume guestVolume from the afp server myserver as guest (if no uam and no username, then use guest uam): mkdir /Volumes/guest mount_afp "afp://myserver/guestVolume" /Volumes/guest This example shows the proper url to use to mount the volume myVolume from the afp server myserver using Kerberos authentication: mkdir /Volumes/myVolume mount_afp "afp://;AUTH=Client%20Krb%20v2@myserver/myVolume" /Volumes/myVolume SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_afp command first appeared Mac OS X version 10.0. Kerberos authentication was added in Mac OS X version 10.2 RETURN VALUES
0 mount_afp successfully mounted the volume directory. [ENODEV (19)] The server volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the server was not found or because the sharepoint does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [EACCES (13)] The volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. [ENOTDIR (20)] The volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the mountpoint was not a directory. Mac OS X May 8, 2002 Mac OS X