Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Moving Files within a particular date range Post 17496 by rooh on Saturday 16th of March 2002 05:04:21 AM
Old 03-16-2002
Question Moving Files within a particular date range

Hi,
Can someone please help me with this.

Actually i want to move files from one directory to another directory , But I just want to move files of a specific data range.

For ex:
This is my directory which contains all fine.
/home/Rooh
Then there is a long listing of files.
suppose this directory contains files from feb 01 , march01, april 01.
But I just want to move files of Feb 01 to another Directory for ex:
/home/abd/FILESFEB_01

How can I do this.
I have tried alot but somehow I am unable to get the output I want.
I have also tried with -mtime but doesn't give me the desired output.
Your Help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
ROOHSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp only files in certain date range

hi all, I'm trying to do a cp only on files I created on a given day or within a certain date range. What's the best way to do this? Cheers, KL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ee7klt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Files by date and moving files in date order

I need to build a k shell script that will sort files in a directory where files appear like this "XXXX_2008021213.DAT. I need to sort by date in the filename and then move files by individual date to a working folder. concatenate the files in the working folder then start a process once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebel64
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display files that have been modifed between a given date range

Hi, I am new to Unix and was trying different ways of how to display the list of file names modified between a given date range in sorting order.I will get the fromdate and Todate from the browser, I need to display the list of all the file names that are modified between the given date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathima
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i copy files by date last modifed range?

When I do a ls -lt I get a list of files by date modified from newest to oldest. I would like to be able to copy some files to another directory using a date last modified range (i.e. Apr 30 - May 13) How could I do this? Thanks, Joe (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geauxsaints
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files between a date range

Hi people A newbie here, thrown into the deep end. I want to select the group of files with in a range of dates and perform some operation on it. Are there inbuild date libraries i can use? I did read thru the old posts on this topic. Couldnt get much idea :(, basically want to know how I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcanji
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coping Files for a specific date range

Hi, we have file name appended by date in yymmdd format .. ex: abc090101.dat I need to copy all the files between abc090101 to abc090331.. could you plz help me.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kolariya4u
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with removing files with date range

Hi, I want to remove trace files in a particular directory for a specific date range. Currently i can remove based on time (e.g find /path/*.trm -mtime +1000 -exec rm {} \;). But i want to remove .trm files within a date range. E.g to remove .trm files between jan 1 2002 to April 15 2005. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted files between date range

Dear Friends, I have HP_ux 11.31 and want to delete some unwanted very old log files between two date range. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Find Files within date Range

Hi i am looking to expand a command i am using to find files in a large file system. i am currently using find /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/ -type f -size +3G | -exec mv {} /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/KILL \; This works really well but i would like to add a date range to the same command to refine it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)