Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cal command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cal command Post 1749 by Astudent on Wednesday 28th of March 2001 08:13:37 PM
Old 03-28-2001
Neo,
I know that much, but
I meant so I could type cal mar, or cal March.
Any suggestions.

Thanks,

theA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

doubt in cal command

I am new to unix... How to get all the saturdays of a specific year? for a specific month, i tried as below.. cal 02 2006 | awk '{print $7}' but it is not giving all saturdays.... can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Sumi (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumi
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian Dates and the Cal command

hey all, I was wondering if it was possible to get the julian date with the cal command. I know that the "-j" option will display it, however, i need the Julian Date of a specific date, in number. For example, the User would enter their age like 19800101 or YYYMMDD, like so. This info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shan2on
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cal command display issues

I am using AIX version 5.3 I like the cal function because I can print a nice concise view of the calendar for the whole year. I want the calendar to display with 3 months across instead of 2, which is what is happening. My terminal display is set with 67 rows and 140 columns so that should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruddydaggerwing
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing return from cal command

Jim , Anyone I do not have GNU date Besides I am particularly interested in how one can parse the return from the cal command. Say do - cal 11 2008 - and parse out a given date, say the 8th and return that the 8th was Saturday. ( diffrentiating between S for Saturday and Sunday , also in the case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragrid
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cal command

Hello, I wanted to display calender for the previou, current and next month in a single command... I used the command cal -3 for this. But its throwing me a Bad Argument error. I am using HP UX to execute this command. Is this a syntax error, or let me know if there any other ways to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

another cal command question.

I got this from this board yesterday cal | xargs -n1 | tail -1 which displays the current months days.. for instance if you type this in a shell today you will get 31. I would like to also display the month and year.. something like March 2011 has 31 days. how would I do that? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rontopia
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify cal command in shell script

Plz help me To modify "cal " command to display calenders of the specified months. $ cal jan mar nov (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivasaini
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify cal command in shell script

Plz help me To modify "cal " command to display calenders of the specified months. $ cal jan....oct (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivasaini
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal command in UNIX

modify "cal " command to display calenders of the specified months. $ cal jan....aug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssaini
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal command to display 5 months ?

Hi, I'm curious to know if we can display 5 months of a calendar using the cal command. I know we can three successive months (cal -3) but I wanted to know if we can do it with 5 months for example. (Give a specific month, and get as a result two previous months + the month in question + two... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imane
12 Replies
INTLCALENDAR.GETREPEATEDWALLTIMEOPTION(3)				 1				 INTLCALENDAR.GETREPEATEDWALLTIMEOPTION(3)

IntlCalendar::getRepeatedWallTimeOption - Get behavior for handling repeating wall time

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public int IntlCalendar::getRepeatedWallTimeOption (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int intlcal_get_repeated_wall_time_option (IntlCalendar $cal) Gets the current strategy for dealing with wall times that are repeated whenever the clock is set back during dailight saving time end transitions. The default value is IntlCalendar::WALLTIME_LAST. This function requires ICU 4.9 or later. PARAMETERS
o $cal - The IntlCalendar resource. RETURN VALUES
One of the constants IntlCalendar::WALLTIME_FIRST or IntlCalendar::WALLTIME_LAST. EXAMPLES
Example #1 IntlCalendar.getRepeatedWallTimeOption(3) <?php ini_set('date.timezone', 'Europe/Lisbon'); ini_set('intl.default_locale', 'en_US'); ini_set('intl.error_level', E_WARNING); //On October 27th at 0200, the clock goes back 1 hour and from GMT+01 to GMT+00 $cal = new IntlGregorianCalendar(2013, 9 /* October */, 27, 1, 30); var_dump($cal->getRepeatedWalltimeOption()); // 0 WALLTIME_LAST $formatter = IntlDateFormatter::create( NULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'UTC' ); var_dump($formatter->format($cal->getTime() / 1000.)); $cal->setRepeatedWalltimeOption(IntlCalendar::WALLTIME_FIRST); var_dump($cal->getRepeatedWalltimeOption()); // 1 WALLTIME_FIRST $cal->set(IntlCalendar::FIELD_HOUR_OF_DAY, 1); var_dump($formatter->format($cal->getTime() / 1000.)); The above example will output: int(0) string(42) "Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 1:30:00 AM GMT" int(1) string(43) "Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 12:30:00 AM GMT" SEE ALSO
IntlCalendar::getSkippedWallTimeOption, IntlCalendar::setSkippedWallTimeOption, IntlCalendar::setRepeatedWallTimeOption. PHP Documentation Group INTLCALENDAR.GETREPEATEDWALLTIMEOPTION(3)