Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The OPERA browser
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers The OPERA browser Post 17404 by auswipe on Thursday 14th of March 2002 02:18:13 PM
Old 03-14-2002
I use Opera under FreeBSD 4.5 (installed from the port under /usr/port/www/linux-opera) and it works pretty good. I much prefer Opera to Netscape/Mozilla.

Take a gander at http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?id=123 for a download for Opera/SPARC (Opera/x86 is not available yet).

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Opera 8 on FreeBSD

I'm a n00b to UNIX, but I'm making much progress. My preferred browser is Opera, and the ported version with FBSD 5.4 is Opera 7.54. Because I lost my opera key, I'd prefer to have version 8 which does not require a key. How can I install the .tar.gz on FreeBSD? I am somewhat familiar with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrgnInterrupted
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Opera 9.5 for Sparc

Has anyone gotten Opera 9.5 to work? I'm using Solaris Sparc 5.10. The browser is unusable. It crashes even when viewing Opera's Desktop Team blog. I've asked Opera about this, but no reply. I've never been able to get the 9.5 betas to work either. From one Opera user's blog, I don't see any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldude
0 Replies

3. Web Development

Opera on the Rise? FF in Decline?

In our poll of browsers, FF3 was the clear winner with Opera a distance second. For me, I am starting to have problems with FF3 taking too much CPU and causing my laptop to overheat, so I recently switched to Opera on my desktop. I already use Opera Mini on my mobile phone. I am starting to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Preventing Opera browser VPN

A fight against open-access I'm afraid. Opera Software have published their latest browser boasting built in free VPN giving access past firewalls of countries, companies, education establishments etc. Free VPN | Now built into Opera browser As one on the other side of the fence trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
1 Replies
XDG-SETTINGS(1) 						xdg-settings Manual						   XDG-SETTINGS(1)

NAME
xdg-settings - get various settings from the desktop environment SYNOPSIS
xdg-settings {get | check | set} {property} [subproperty] [value] xdg-settings {--help | --list | --manual | --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-settings gets various settings from the desktop environment. For instance, desktop environments often provide proxy configuration and default web browser settings. Using xdg-settings these parameters can be extracted for use by applications that do not use the desktop environment's libraries (which would use the settings natively). xdg-settings is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-settings as root. OPTIONS
--help Show command synopsis. --list List all properties xdg-settings knows about. --manual Show this manual page. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. PROPERTIES
When using xdg-settings to get, check or set a destkop setting, properties and possibly sub-properties are used to specify the setting to be changed. Some properties (such as default-web-browser) fully describe the setting to be changed. Other properties (such as default-url-scheme-handler) require more information (in this case the actual scheme to set the default handler for) which must be provided in a sub-property. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. EXAMPLES
Get the desktop file name of the current default web browser xdg-settings get default-web-browser Check whether the default web browser is firefox.desktop, which can be false even if "get default-web-browser" says that is the current value (if only some of the underlying settings actually reflect that value) xdg-settings check default-web-browser firefox.desktop Set the default web browser to google-chrome.desktop xdg-settings set default-web-browser google-chrome.desktop Set the default mailto URL scheme handler to be evolution.desktop xdg-settings set default-url-scheme-handler mailto evolution.desktop AUTHOR
Mike Mammarella Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 [FIXME: source] 08/18/2014 XDG-SETTINGS(1)