Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install HP UX
Operating Systems HP-UX Install HP UX Post 17403 by Kelam_Magnus on Thursday 14th of March 2002 01:23:04 PM
Old 03-14-2002
LivinFree is very correct HPUX 11.i only runs on a few types of HPUX specific hardware, the V, L, N, Keystone and Superdome Classes of boxes.

HPUX 11.0 will run on some workstations depending on the versions, however, HPUX 10.x versions are very good for training and learning.

Its kind of like buying an old 200MHZ PC to run Linux on. I actually have a 200MHZ box that runs Mandrake on 98MB of memory and 8Gig harddrive!

Look out for auctions in your area. Some government agencies and local municipalities sell old systems.

Good luck! I hope you find something that will help you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

2. Debian

Can't install g++

Yo chaps. So. While I was trying to compile lighttpd from source (first time I've ever been so brave) I ran across this error: "C compiler cannot create executables" I Googled around a bit and found someone suggesting that the error came from not having g++ installed. Which makes sense. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nottrobin
3 Replies

3. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Install Red Hat 4.2 (Not Enterprise) from install tree

Hi guys I would like to install Red Hat Linux 4.2 on my old box (pIII). However there is a problem: i can't find the .iso image anywhere in the Net, all the material that i've found is (i think) an install tree of the OS. It will be possible for me to install the OS from that install tree? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
3 Replies

7. Fedora

Make check install and make all install

hi dear i want to know what is different between make check install and make all install? thanks in advane fereshte (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: komijani
3 Replies

8. AIX

Install software in another directory with smitty install

Hello, I would like to ask if someone knows if is possible to install sofware via smitty or installp in another directorie , or we have to accept the default location? i would like to intall in /opt folder , but smitty installed it in /usr Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD