Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP UX Training
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HP UX Training Post 17395 by darnellmichael on Thursday 14th of March 2002 11:50:12 AM
Old 03-14-2002
Good advice from above ....

If your looking for fundamental skills then there is no real need to attend a course when a good book will do, plus from a book you will learn what is relevent to you. If you have VB experience then I suggest shell programming would be a good skill to learn as you will have a head start as far as the theory goes.

I have completed various HP-UX courses and fully recommed then if your company will pay for them or if you can afford then ... the quality of the tutors and materials is second to none from the experiences that I have had - but would recomend the self study method to make sure that UNIX is really a skill that you want add to your CV ....

... good luck

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

training

Hello I need to get proper Unix training please advise from where i have to start and what is the scope. i am already working with citigroup as support analyst. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manzar Qureshi
8 Replies

2. AIX

Training

I work for a company based in Alabama and am trying to learn AIX. I need some help learning as I do not even consider myself a begginer yet. We are running version 5.2 and I was wondering if anyone new how or where I could get some training?!? :confused: Thanks for your time, Justin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justinm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

training videos

Dear Experts, I just want any web site from where i can download free or i can buy a full trainning video of unix shell programming. Can any body tell me the good video CBT for unic shell scripting. Regards, SHARY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Training?

At work I have to restart applications and install upgrades to applications running on Solaris 10. Its pretty basic stuff but I have little experience of Unix so it can be a bit hairy at times. Work have offered to send me on some training but I have to select the course/training. I'm not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Training-where, when etc.

I'm being asked to go and take a training course in Advanced Unix and Perl. The main reason is the amount of information needed to get up to speed a short period of time, which is what we're limited on. Travel is fine. Can anyone suggest a good resource for researching the where and when for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavineq
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Training for LynxOS

I am trying to train for development on LynxOS. I am currently useing a windows machine for work, and do not have any other machine to use. Should I just use VMware or anyother emulation software to run LynxOS, or actually buy some sort of physical board to train? Any other information... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifis
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

training for ubuntu

Hi I recently changed os from win xp to ubuntu. I am not new to LInux in general but new to this particular distribution. Could you advice me some training related administration of ubuntu on desktop platform (sth like 70-270 win xp from mcs). The best would be some audio and video course.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
TREK(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   TREK(6)

NAME
trek -- trekkie game SYNOPSIS
trek [-sf] DESCRIPTION
trek is a game of space glory and war. Below is a summary of commands. For complete documentation, see Trek by Eric Allman. The -s flag makes the game somewhat more efficient if you have a (very) slow terminal. The -f flag (the default) is for faster terminals. The game will ask you what length game you would like. Valid responses are ``short'', ``medium'', and ``long''. You may also type ``restart'', which restarts a previously saved game. You will then be prompted for the skill, to which you must respond ``novice'', ``fair'', ``good'', ``expert'', ``commodore'', or ``impossible''. You should normally start out with a novice and work up. In general, throughout the game, if you forget what is appropriate the game will tell you what it expects if you just type in a question mark. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/usd/31.trek AUTHORS
Eric Allman COMMAND SUMMARY
abandon capture cloak up/down computer request; ... damages destruct dock help impulse course distance lrscan move course distance phasers automatic amount phasers manual amt1 course1 spread1 ... torpedo course [yes] angle/no ram course distance rest time shell shields up/down srscan [yes/ no] status terminate yes/no undock visual course warp warp_factor BSD
May 24, 2009 BSD