Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Starting up with a different user Post 17349 by xNYx on Wednesday 13th of March 2002 09:45:44 PM
Old 03-13-2002
thanks for that link, it helped me a lot.

xNYx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting up

:confused: I have put together an old machine with a 386DX CPU (40MHz) with 8Mb of RAM and a 160Mb hard disk. One guy told me that its still suitable for UNIX. Can enyone give me some hints on how to start? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting a server

i am currently am planning to start a webserver to host a community of webpages, but i need help getting started? anyone have any sites or advice for me? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowlofrice
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting X?

I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 and I want to find out how I can start and run X? When I boot I get taken to the command line. Xconfigurator doesn't want to work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

just starting! got some questions

I just got a book on how to use UNIX but it says to type in your host but what's the name of the host that i type in? And after that where do I get my user id and password for that host?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animae64sm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting over

I am re-learning UNIX and want to download Unix to my lab for studying on the road. Any suggestions? Got several books, but need to run scripts :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DudeMan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting script without ./ name or sh name

Hi, i want to start my script only by the name of it. $ scriptName normaly i have to use ./scriptName oder sh scriptName is there a way to do that in bash or sh ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Turrican
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem starting a process on solaris from other user

Hi Gurus, I have a server that has to users. 1) root 2)net1 there are several processes running on my server one of the process is CMIS_STACK process which is a compiled C code when this process goes missing then i restart this process manually in the following manner ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Starting X on Solaris 11?

Hi friends, Hope everyone is fine and doing well. I have just installed Solaris 11, and everytime I boot my machine, I face the command prompt. Could you please tell me how I can setup the graphical environment, like gnome kde etc.??? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)					     pbuilder					       pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)

NAME
pdebuild-user-mode-linux - pbuilder-user-mode-linux way of doing debuild SYNOPSIS
pdebuild-user-mode-linux [pdebuild-user-mode-linux options] -- [pbuilder-user-mode-linux options] DESCRIPTION
A convenience program for pbuilder-user-mode-linux which invokes pbuilder after obtaining appropriate root privilege in a Debian source directory. One must be inside the source tree containing the debian directory, in order to make it work. PDEBUILD OPTIONS
--buildsourceroot [fakeroot] The command used to gain root privilege for invoking dpkg-buildpackage --auto-debsign Invoke debsign at the end of pdebuild process. --debsign-k [key-id] Pass -k option to debsign to specify which keyid to sign. --buildresult [Directory for build results] The place which build result is stored. --configfile [Extra config file to use] The configuration file is used, but not passed on to pbuilder-user-mode-linux. --debbuildopts [options to pass to dpkg-buildpackage] The space-delimited list of options are passed to dpkg-buildpackage. This option appends to pbuilder option --debbuildopts and may also be used to reset the list of options by passing the empty string. --use-pdebuild-internal Uses a different implementation of pdebuild, which calls clean and build inside the chroot, using bind-mounts. pdebuild-internal tries to run debian/rules clean inside the chroot. To achieve the goal, the working directory is passed on inside the chroot, in the form of bind-mounting and debuild is run. This option will not protect the working directory and its parent directories from the build scripts. -- [pbuilder options] After the -- symbol, an arbitrary number of pbuilder options can be specified. See pbuilder-user-mode-linux.1 for full list of options. There is an exception that --buildresult needs to be specified as pdebuild option before the -- to be effective. FILES
/etc/pbuilderrc The configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux. /usr/share/pbuilder/pbuilderrc The default configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux. ${HOME}/.pbuilderrc Configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux, overrides what is written in /etc/pbuilderrc AUTHOR
Initial coding, and main maintenance is done by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>. The homepage is available at http://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/pbuilder-doc.html, pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1), pbuilderrc(5), pbuilder-uml.conf(5) Debian 2006 May 24 pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)