Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers incorrect super block FreeBSD Post 17306 by termiEEE on Wednesday 13th of March 2002 10:16:14 AM
Old 03-13-2002
jup, found it already
the floppy itself was broken
the synthax that must be added is correct, you're right.
and to make things more easy i can mount cdrom and floppy at same time.

thnx man

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bad magic number in super-block

I am running mandrake 8.2 and when booting I get the message: e2fschk: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hda8. The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and really contains a valid an ext2 filesystem (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jay
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Super Newbie!!!!

im prolly wut people like to call a "LAMER"... hahahaha wutever anyways im very new to unix.... the first time i ever used it was about 3 hours ago... anyways, im not a complete idiot... i know basic vb .net, java, javascript, ado .net, html (ofcourse).. and there are plently of other computer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: el_soldado
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

BAD SUPER BLOCK - Run fsck with alternate super block number

Error received when I tried to restore a blank disk with an 'auto recovery' DDS tape via HP-UX recovery system 2.0 onto a 1Gb SCSI. I assumed it would do the setup, wrong. Could someone tell me the procedure to initial disk for recovering files using cpio. The system is a HP-UX 9.04 version on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin wanabee
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad Super Block: Magic Number Wrong

I had a power outage a day ago and when the power came back on my FreeBSD 4.6 webserver had problems. It said it was unable to mount /var and made me start in single user mode and said to run fsck MANUALY. So i did and this is now what i get. www# fsck /dev/ad0s1e ** /dev/ad0s1e BAD SUPER... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewbane
4 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris error BAD SUPER BLOCK

I want mount a disk. I have this error. I'm trying to correct with the superblock but i have the same error. Look my procedure. bash-2.03# fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 Alternate super block location: 9423392. ** /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG USE AN ALTERNATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simquest
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Failed To Read Super Block

Greetings: I am trying to re-install my system with the Solaris 9 CD. I typed boot cdrom from the OBP, the system restarted and started saying Failed To Read Super Block, and then proceeds to the screen where I was initially before I decided to re-install the OS. My system was working... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogfunsho
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Failed To Read Super Block With Solaris 9

Greetings: I am trying to re-install my system with the Solaris 9 CD. I typed boot cdrom from the OBP, the system restarted and started saying Failed To Read Super Block, and then proceeds to the screen where I was initially before I decided to re-install the OS. My system was working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogfunsho
0 Replies

8. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad super block: Magic number wrong

Whenever i run, # fsck -F ufs /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 The following error prompt out:- ** /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG USE AN ALTERNATE SUPER-BLOCK TO SUPPLY NEEDED INFORMATION; eg. fsck -o b=# where # is the alternate super block. SEE fsck_ufs(1M). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can't repair super block, bad magic number

Hello all, I have a hard drive that I can't repair. The drive is WD15EARS - Filesystem ext4 ( not 100% sure ) It's used in a Synology DS110j NAS. I try to run fsck -p /dev/sdb on the HD and I get this: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdb /dev/sdb: The superblock... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dallasw1983
4 Replies
volrmmount(1)							   User Commands						     volrmmount(1)

NAME
volrmmount - call rmmount to mount or unmount media SYNOPSIS
volrmmount [-i | -e] [name | nickname] volrmmount [-d] DESCRIPTION
The volrmmount utility calls rmmount(1M) to, in effect, simulate an insertion (-i) or an ejection (-e). Simulating an insertion often means that rmmount will mount the media. Conversely, simulating an ejection often means that rmmount will unmount the media. However, these actions can vary depending on the rmmount configuration and media type (see rmmount.conf(4)). For example, if you use the default /etc/rmmount.conf and insert a music CD, it will not be mounted. However, you can configure rmmount so that it calls workman whenever a music CD is inserted. This command allows you to override Volume Management's usual handling of media (see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i Simulates an insertion of the specified media by calling rmmount. -e Simulates an ejection of the specified media by calling rmmount. -d Displays the name of the default device for volrmmount to handle. This device is used if no name or nickname is supplied. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: name The name that Volume Management recognizes as the device's name. See volfs(7FS). nickname A shortened version of the device's name. Following is the list of recognized nicknames: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Nickname | Path | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd0 |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cdrom0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |zip0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |jaz0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rmdisk0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the volrmmount command When Volume Management finds a floppy that contains a filesystem, it calls rmmount to mount it. If you wish to run tar(1) or cpio(1) on that floppy, it must first be unmounted. To unmount the floppy use: example% volrmmount -e floppy0 After volrmmount unmounts the floppy, if you wish to re-mount it (rather than ejecting it and reinserting it) use: example% volrmmount -i floppy0 Notice that if you are using a named floppy, you can use its name in place of floppy0. FILES
/dev/volctl Volume Management control port ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), eject(1), tar(1), rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) NOTES
Volume Management (vold) must be running to use this command. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2000 volrmmount(1)