Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ethernet Drivers
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ethernet Drivers Post 17295 by m_smith on Wednesday 13th of March 2002 06:27:52 AM
Old 03-13-2002
I have installed Solaris 8 on the same machine and networked it wothout any problems.

Have you tried looking in the BIOS to see whether the on-board NIC adapter has been disabled. If the system doesnt see one then it could be disabled.

If you have a spare NIC card,you could try putting that into the box and run 'devfsadm'. The system should then see it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Drivers

Hi guys, Im totally new to solaris 10, I've just installed it & it works fine However, I get no sound when playing cds. Am wondering where I get the solaris 10 drivers for my soundblaster live from and how to install them? Thx in advance. Frizz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frizz
0 Replies

2. AIX

Drivers

I seem to be having a driver issue installing a PCI SCSI card. Any ideas where I can track these down.. I can't seem to find them on the OS install disk. I'm using AIX 5.3. cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eth0
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris drivers

Hi All, Does anyone know where I can download the ge drivers for solaris 2.6? Having a bit of a mare trying to find them anywhere. Thanks Rgrds Marty (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Ethernet card drivers issue...

I need to install ethernet card drivers on intel machine. How can i know which Ethernet card interface (sfe,rh,rtls...) is it? How can i know the speed of that card? How can i know network traffic ? If network traffic is more with that interface what should i do? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Drivers to HP 530

Hi Gurus of Unix, Well. I have a Laptop Model HP-530, I want to install Solaris, in this equipment. the question is You know the driver that will be compatible with this type of model, like this: HP 530 Notebook PC- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center If you know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mach drivers

hello everyone, can anyone tell me what drivers the Mach kernel works with. I'm thinking about experimenting with the Mach kernel, and yes I know there are other kernels that are easier to work with but I just want to use the Mach kernel. So with that being said, can the Mach kernel work with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Microkernel drivers

If microkernels do not load drivers into the kernel, does mean that the drivers are daemons that run in user space, or are there some other provision for drivers? I know it may sound a bit elementary but I'm not certain and I want to clear it up. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
3 Replies

9. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies
IXGBE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  IXGBE(4)

NAME
ixgbe -- Intel(R) 10Gb Ethernet driver for the FreeBSD operating system SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ixgbe Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ixgbe_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ixgbe driver provides support for PCI 10Gb Ethernet adapters based on the Intel 82598EB Intel(R) Network Connections. The driver sup- ports Jumbo Frames, MSIX, TSO, and RSS. For questions related to hardware requirements, refer to the documentation supplied with your Intel 10GbE adapter. All hardware requirements listed apply to use with FreeBSD. Support for Jumbo Frames is provided via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit Jumbo Frames. The maximum MTU size for Jumbo Frames is 16114. This driver version supports VLANs. For information on enabling VLANs, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The ixgbe driver supports the following cards: o Intel(R) 10 Gigabit XF SR/AF Dual Port Server Adapter o Intel(R) 10 Gigabit XF SR/LR Server Adapter o Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gigabit AF Network Connection o Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gigabit AT CX4 Network Connection DIAGNOSTICS
ixgbe%d: Unable to allocate bus resource: memory A fatal initialization error has occurred. ixgbe%d: Unable to allocate bus resource: interrupt A fatal initialization error has occurred. ixgbe%d: watchdog timeout -- resetting The device has stopped responding to the network, or there is a problem with the network connection (cable). SUPPORT
For general information and support, go to the Intel support website at: http://support.intel.com. If an issue is identified with the released source code on the supported kernel with a supported adapter, email the specific information related to the issue to <freebsd@intel.com>. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), polling(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The ixgbe device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
The ixgbe driver was written by Intel Corporation <freebsd@intel.com>. BSD
December 19, 2010 BSD