Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Very simple Unix Prog in C, could use advice/help Post 17229 by PxT on Tuesday 12th of March 2002 11:51:10 AM
Old 03-12-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by AtleRamsli
Excellent comment about the race condition!

One thing puzzles me, this code looks C++-ish?
Are // accepted as C comments, now?
Yes, at least with gcc. No idea if that is a standard though.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice on UNIX/Linux

I have 6 extra hard drives and want to install them in my boxes and run UNIX, LINUX andyes M$ Winblows. How do I make it so i have the choice of which HD to boot from? Also, which UNIX distribution should i run to get aquainted with it, and wheres the best place to get it? Thank you very much if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1sk
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Learning Unix , Advice?

I am a long-time Windows NT, 2000 user at home and work. I want to learn Unix to broaden myself. What flavor do you recommend and how do you recommend practicing with it at home? how to get a copy of it to practice with? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robmaxfli
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice to build a cheap Unix machine?

Hello! In my perpetual quest to learn Unix, I want to build a cheap Unix server for my personal use. Do you guys have suggestions of web sites, vendors etc...where I could get info on things such as step-by-step instruction, 2nd hand hardware etc... I would like to go preferably with a HP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-learning Unix - need some advice.

I learned Unix about 6 years ago, I think it was the System V version back then. My course taught me, Unix commands, shell scripting, Vi editor, and probably more stuff. I wanted to stick with Unix but life didn't allow me to, my college back then used Windows 95 and then my job as a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Help & Advice

I originally sent this as a PM to Neo, but I was ignorant towards the rule of PMing someone with technical information. Below is a copy / paste of the questions I asked. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it tons. Thank you! :D The first OS I ever encountered was DOS and Windows 3.1. Ever since... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZeeSquared
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX advice needed desperately :/

Firstly I do need to state that I am turning here as a last resort. Im in my first year of a Computer Networking and technical support course, and as a first year I must complete a Introductory Unix/Linux class. I have been doing well in the course so far however I have been stumped on the final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: setaylor5
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Advice to become a unix guru?

Hello, I have recently completed my training for Solaris 10 and have a good understanding of the bases now. I am playing around with my system but can't do much since my knowledge is limited. I am looking for some projects or some threads where I can learn more and expand my knowledge step by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saudsos
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice needed regarding Unix doc/book

I am a newbie Oracle DBA. All our oracle servers are hosted in AIX and Solaris Environment. I have no knowledge about this Unix O/S. So, it will be great if anyone here can suggest me any good book which will teach me the basics. Any inputs/suggestions will be great for me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advice for project UNIX to Linux migration

I am working on UNIX AIX to Linux migration. Does anybody know the good site for doing this? Thanks for contribution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
BUILDER-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						     BUILDER-CC(1)

NAME
builder-cc - gcc wrapper to facilitate pentium-optimizations SYNOPSIS
export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=architecture export DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER=gcc-version gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The builder-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual. If the environment variable DEBIAN_BUILDARCH is not set, builder-cc does nothing, and the real gcc is invoked with the specified arguments. When the DEBIAN_BUILDARCH environment variable is set, builder-cc invokes gcc with the specified arguments, plus -mcpu=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH -march=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH This has the effect of telling gcc to use architecture-specific optimizations without changing the command line. This is particularly useful for package builds. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is not set, builder-cc calls gcc.real. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is set, builder-cc calls gcc-DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER instead. ENVIRONMENT
DEBIAN_BUILDARCH If set, the architecture to compile for. Useful values are pentium or pentiumpro. DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER If set, the version of gcc to be invoked. Useful values are 3.0 or 2.95. NOTES
The real gcc is renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus builder-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) Debian Project 2002-03-02 BUILDER-CC(1)