Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Starting up with a different user Post 17146 by xNYx on Monday 11th of March 2002 05:24:00 PM
Old 03-11-2002
Question Starting up with a different user

Hi,

I am a newbie to linux and hopefully you guys can hlep me.

I installed tomcat and I created a script by ln -s /xyz........ tomcat. When I restart the server it startup but it start up with root. I created a new user and group also called tomcat. I want tomcat to be the owner of tomcat when it startup automatically.

Any ideas of how I can accomplish this task?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting up

:confused: I have put together an old machine with a 386DX CPU (40MHz) with 8Mb of RAM and a 160Mb hard disk. One guy told me that its still suitable for UNIX. Can enyone give me some hints on how to start? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting a server

i am currently am planning to start a webserver to host a community of webpages, but i need help getting started? anyone have any sites or advice for me? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowlofrice
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting X?

I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 and I want to find out how I can start and run X? When I boot I get taken to the command line. Xconfigurator doesn't want to work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

just starting! got some questions

I just got a book on how to use UNIX but it says to type in your host but what's the name of the host that i type in? And after that where do I get my user id and password for that host?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animae64sm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting over

I am re-learning UNIX and want to download Unix to my lab for studying on the road. Any suggestions? Got several books, but need to run scripts :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DudeMan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting script without ./ name or sh name

Hi, i want to start my script only by the name of it. $ scriptName normaly i have to use ./scriptName oder sh scriptName is there a way to do that in bash or sh ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Turrican
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem starting a process on solaris from other user

Hi Gurus, I have a server that has to users. 1) root 2)net1 there are several processes running on my server one of the process is CMIS_STACK process which is a compiled C code when this process goes missing then i restart this process manually in the following manner ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Starting X on Solaris 11?

Hi friends, Hope everyone is fine and doing well. I have just installed Solaris 11, and everytime I boot my machine, I face the command prompt. Could you please tell me how I can setup the graphical environment, like gnome kde etc.??? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_tomcat - Manages a Tomcat servlet environment instance SYNOPSIS
tomcat [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for tomcat. It manages a Tomcat instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
tomcat_name The name of the resource (optional, string, no default) script_log A destination of the log of this script (optional, string, no default) tomcat_stop_timeout Time-out at the time of the stop (optional, integer, no default) tomcat_suspend_trialcount The re-try number of times awaiting a stop (optional, integer, no default) tomcat_user A user name to start a resource (optional, string, no default) statusurl URL for state confirmation (optional, string, no default) java_home Home directory of the Java (required, string, no default) catalina_home Home directory of Tomcat (required, string, no default) catalina_pid A PID file name of Tomcat (optional, string, no default) tomcat_start_opts Tomcat start options (optional, string, no default) catalina_opts Catalina options (optional, string, no default) catalina_rotate_log Rotate catalina.out flag (optional, string, no default) catalina_rotatetime Time span of the rotate catalina.out (optional, integer, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120s. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. Suggested interval: 10s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a tomcat resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_tomcat ocf:heartbeat:tomcat params java_home=string catalina_home=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30s" interval="10s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/tomcat_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7)