Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ultra10 ethernet troubleshooting Post 17116 by thehoghunter on Monday 11th of March 2002 11:28:34 AM
Old 03-11-2002
The commands given will set your card to work at 100 but the network card must be set to either 100 or to auto-negotiate. Ask your network guys or maybe there is one on this board.
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

adding disk to ultra10

I enquired before about adding another disk to an ultra 10... and was told it was possible... Well - since then I got my hands on another ultra 10 - and have taken the disk out of that one... I should be able to connect it up - but I am wondering - should this be mounted in any partiulcar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

3. Solaris

help troubleshooting

Hi. I have a Solaris 10 server that's taking about 20secs to respond to telnet or ftp commands. Has anyone ever seen something like that? Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting please? I logged in and did a prtstat, but nothing is jumping out as an issue. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies

4. AIX

AIX troubleshooting

Hi guys, Is there a command in AIX similar to ps, but shows memory usage by application? I'm trying to track down a rogue application that's using up all 32GB of the available systems memory and causing the the system to page to disk. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Help with troubleshooting crontab

Hello all, When I configured cron jobs that execute bash scripts a while back on my box they worked and the other day I tried to enable cron jobs that execute a bash script to run with no success. cron text file: test.sh file The script has execution rights (e.g. if I use bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
2 Replies

6. AIX

iSCSI troubleshooting

I have an Equallogic SAN that I connect to from AIX (as well as Windows) I had configured the connection and created the volumes and filesystems and all was working great. Then one day, no communication between the SAN and the AIX (I can ping though) Anything I do on the AIX box at this time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldmanjoe
2 Replies

7. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Failed to recover root password in Solaris 10 on Sparc CPU Sun Ultra10

Failed to recover lost root password for Solaris SunSparc (On Sun Ultra10 - SPARC CPU Hardware, not x86 Intel CPU nor x64 AMD CPU) This Sun Ultra10 workstation comes with an old 6-in wafer probing station purchased from a Surplus equipment vendor. Computer: Sun Ultra 5/10 UPA/PCI... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: fromtexas0
21 Replies

9. Solaris

prtdiag -v troubleshooting

selected lines from the output of the "prtdiag -v" command on a T5240 SUN server running Solaris 10. Are the following known as FRU names and what do they mean? MB/CMP0/BR0/CH0/D0 MB/CMP0/BR0/CH1/D0 SYS/FANBD0/FM0/F0 SYS/FANBD0/FM0/F1 SYS/MB/CMP0/BR1/CH0/D1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoman1
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

TCP/IP troubleshooting

Hello all, Can somebody please tell what is the best book out there that can help me learn TCP troubleshooting and understaning the TCP options like window scaling, large receive offload? I would like to understand how all the TCP tuning parameters function. Is there a book out there that can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies
SINFOD(8)							   User Manuals 							 SINFOD(8)

NAME
sinfod - a monitoring tool for networked computers SYNOPSIS
sinfod [-F] [-q] [-V] [-b #.#.#.#] [-c] [-n card ] [ -N nicevalue ] [ -m marker ] [ -i processname ] [-s][-W] DESCRIPTION
sinfod distributes system information to other sinfods on your local network. These Information include the system load, memory utilization and the `TOP-5' processes on every machine. It's main advantage is, that these informations are broadcasted using the udp(7) protocol. If each node broadcasts it's information in a cooperative manner, the network load is O(N), where N is the number of nodes in your network. Other systems to monitor your cluster load (e.g. rup(1) ) are using a polling scheme where every node has to ask every other node for the system information: In that case the network load is O(N**2). The task of sinfod is to broadcast the relevant information for the local node and to collect broadcasts from other nodes. Other programs ( sinfo(1) ) can get access to this information via a simple tcp(7) connection that normally is routed through the local loopback inter- face. OPTIONS
-F/--foreground Unlike normal operation, sinfod will not detach from the terminal when given this option. Some debugging informations will be visi- ble. -q/--quiet Start quietly - for init scripts. -V/--version Print the version number and exit. -b #.#.#.#/--bcastaddress=#.#.#.# Set the broadcast address of the sinfod. Default is 255.255.255.255. In you want to run sinfod without a network card "-b 127.0.0.1" may be necessary. -c/--cmdline Broadcast the full command line of a process instead of the command only. -m marker/--marker=marker Mark the machine with a name. e.g. laboratory, pool or cluster. -i/--ignore <process> Don't broadcast any information on <process> ; --ignore may be set multiple times. -t/--top <count> Broadcast information on the top <count> processes; default: 5 -n card/--networkcard=card Set the name of the network card whose informations will be broadcasted. (e.g. eth0). Default is the network card that saw the most traffic at the start of sinfod. -N nicevalue/--nice=nicevalue Set the priority of this demon to nicevalue. Default is 15. -s/--spymode Deactivate the TCP interface and the collection of received packets. The demon starts in a broadcast-only mode. -W/--watchdog Start with simple watchdog. AUTHOR
Juergen Rinas <jrinas@gmx.de> SEE ALSO
sinfo(1),sshallsinfo(1), Linux JANUARY 2005 SINFOD(8)