Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apache on linux
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users apache on linux Post 17034 by Neo on Sunday 10th of March 2002 03:03:49 PM
Old 03-10-2002
www.ssh.com

I recommend you use SSH for remote access to your server. SSH is free for individual and other non-commerical use, including education uses.

SSHD (the server) runs on just about everything platform and is free on UNIX.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache

Sometimes the webserver doesnīt find a picture or there isīnt any. Then it shows a deufault picture. If i want to have diffrent pictures on diffrent catalogs if a picture doesnīt exist. The thing is that i want diffrent picture if itīs a button picture or if itīs a another picture that doesnīt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: henke
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apache

how must httpd.conf be configured to exec the php files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Apache on Linux vs Windoze Performance

Ok, I have a wireless hook to my house. From here at work, I can get 680+Kb from my Linux box running Apache. (stock version of apache, no modifications) Now, when I pull data from my Win2k box running Apache, I can't seem to get more than 65Kb from it... Both are stock Apache's with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insturction for installing Apache and PHP on linux

Hello, Please give me stepwise instruction on installing Apache and PHP on linux. Thanks sheen (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheen
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to install and uninstall apache on Red Hat Linux 5

Hi All, I installed Linus on virtual PC on my system. I want to configure apache on it. Also i want to install nagios and want to access through web broser from my system. How can I do this. Kindly provide soln its required urgently......... plsssssssssssssssss (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up HTTPS in Apache with Linux

I have recently setup a HTTP server using Apache. This was my first install of Apache, so I am very new to it. What I would now like to do is setup HTTPS for my server. Unfortunately, the official Apache 2.2 manual doesn't cover setting up HTTPS, and using Google search engine I have found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSL
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the Apache Installation directory in Linux

Hi All, I have installed apache using yum on centos. I know that the default installation directory is /var/www/html. Now I want to change the installation directory to /mnt/ebs. How can I do this ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
5 Replies

8. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)